Lots of multicrew sync issues

QuiGon

The known bugs list says the following:

• Some multiplayer sync issues - doors and lights.

But the sync issues are far more extensive than just doors and lights. Flares are not being synced as mentioned in another thread, but I also just experienced this:

I was the pilot (and server host) and started up my engine #1, but my gunner (client) did not see any increase in RPM, nor did the rotor spin for him. When the engine was idling on my side, but was still off on his side, I pushed the engine start button for engine #1 again and while it did nothing on my side, it started the engine on my gunner's side. This is just one example for stuff being extremely out of sync between both crewmembers. I really hope those sync issues are high priority!

------ EDIT ------

I uploaded the files of both me as the pilot and my buddy as the gunner/operator here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hwcrjdb9wltft0j/AABuJlv5QwF69kpUaGDry-I3a?dl=0

You should see, that when I start up the LH engine, it remains off for my gunner. Only after I pressed the engine start button again (when the engine was already idling for me), it started up on my gunners side.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

While flying with a friend on the hoggit training server and rotorheads server today, we noticed excessive levels of desync that essentially made multicrew unusable. An example of this is when the pilot starts up the aircraft and the rotors are turning and power is on, but on the operators seat the aircraft looks cold and dark. Issue didn't resolve itself until operator slotted out and back in.  Another example of this is when trying to use ATGMs, the operator is holding the sight stable, but on the pilots sight, it looks like the sight is moving all over the place which makes it impossible to fire. Track files provided below from both seats on hoggit training. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XadBje2dLUMKGW38zKSDDyw0O2fYDv5i?usp=sharing

Edited by Colin0221
  • Like 1

Same sync issues also and more.

- Electrical systems are powered randomly in the co-pilot seat. It's almost impossible to use the guided missile. Sometimes it come back (electricity), especially when take-off (on ground), and randomly in-flight also.

- Visualy, the main rotor blades are looking low RMP (slow) in co-pilot seat (as it is when the corrector are not set to max power), but it look totally ok (full RPM) with the pilot.

This two first isues seem connected ...(electrical power related to the RPM). Or maybe it is me who is broken and i missed something with the electrical management.

- Also, the co-pilot can launch flares and see it burning in the sky, when the pilot can not see it at all...

- Known issue : visualy again, the canopy can be closed in internal view but look open in external view (and bounce from open to closed position), this is fixed when take-off (not a big issue, and known).

The state of the multicrew seem not playable at all.

But, as a co-pilot i did choose the emportation from my seat (and the fuel quantity)... Maybe it is a source of desync !? This week-end i will try not touching anything on my seat before my pilot take-off, to check.

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1

Having consistent issues with the Operator/Gunner's entire cockpit losing power. Only resolution I've found so far has been to turn on Battery Power midflight, which is vague if it should be left on during flight.
Manual says to turn it on, but not to turn if back off during a cold start, but Wag's video says to turn it off, and it is turned off during a hotstart spawn.
it is unclear what triggers the initial loss of power, despite spending well over an hour trying to find a correlation during ATGM practice runs, my friend and I can only chock it up to it being almost random when it will kick off. It only effects him, and while I have other issues to possibly report, I don't know if they are because of this electrical issue or not.
What has made it even more unclear to me is that we went two full flights having the time of our lives, with no issues, before this suddenly started, and we started trying to recreate it for a bug report.

Edited by Czechnology

13 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Please supply a track of the issue, thanks.

As requested. An incident of it I am certain of, is roughly in the 04:37-39 period when I am making my rough runway landing, during one of the cycles of raising and lowering my gear the front cockpit lost power. We then respawned uncertain as to what was causing it, during an uncertain time during the next flight his cockpit turned off, and sometime between 04:40-05:05 the discovery was made about turning the Battery Power switch to on. I know it was roughly by that end period as it was what encouraged me to make my turn in back towards the targets laid out as he had been trying to get ATGMs to launch.

Tacview-20210616-204211-DCS-Mi-24 Coldstart with Targets.zip.acmi

Hi guys, I just used multicrew for around 8 hours, the only issues we noticed were with the ATGMs, it seems like we are not able to fire a single Shturm after rearming. I will get a track next time we try it.

After rearming with more Shturms: I would get a launch tone but could not fire, operator would not get tone or light, and could not fire. I think it may have something to do with operator cockpit electrical issues posted on another thread. (Battery power was off inflight as per wags tutorial)

Edited by laertesson

19 minutes ago, laertesson said:

Hi guys, I just used multicrew for around 8 hours, the only issues we noticed were with the ATGMs, it seems like we are not able to fire a single Shturm after rearming. I will get a track next time we try it.

After rearming with more Shturms: I would get a launch tone but could not fire, operator would not get tone or light, and could not fire. I think it may have something to do with operator cockpit electrical issues posted on another thread. (Battery power was off inflight as per wags tutorial)

This is correct, have the same issue. The gunner need to rejoin the gunner station slot for the stations to register the missile.

And the gunner sight gets out of sync realy fast. Sight showing 0 deg but pointing 90 deg and turned 45 deg  counterclockwise . Get's synced when rejoining the slot as well, for a while.

Edited by Kanelbolle

1 hour ago, Kanelbolle said:

This is correct, have the same issue. The gunner need to rejoin the gunner station slot for the stations to register the missile.

And the gunner sight gets out of sync realy fast. Sight showing 0 deg but pointing 90 deg and turned 45 deg  counterclockwise . Get's synced when rejoining the slot as well, for a while.

Thanks for the quick reply with a workaround, will need to do more testing to verify the sight being out of sync, I saw that very few times and it seemed to fix itself within a few seconds each time for us.

I linked the track files of both crewmembers regarding the unsynced engine startup in the original post of this thread.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

To reproduce this:

1. Have the gunner be in the helicopter at cold.

2. Startup the helicopter. (when the battery network is on the gunner will have power)

3. Once the helicopter is started as per wags video.

4. Enable the generators

5. Enable the rectifiers

6. Transformers to main.

7. 115 Inverter closed.

8. Battery network to off -> Gunner lose power here.

The issue can be resolved by the gunner leaving multicrew and re-joining, without anything be changed in the pilot seat. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, laertesson said:

Thanks for the quick reply with a workaround, will need to do more testing to verify the sight being out of sync, I saw that very few times and it seemed to fix itself within a few seconds each time for us.

Since you seem to be the exception, care to share what server you and your copilot played on and maybe some other details? Like what you ping was to each other or the server, where you were playing from (same room, town, city, country, continent?) etc. Thanks. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

9 hours ago, laertesson said:

Hi,

Are you just not able to fire the ATGM or also look throught the 9K113's optical guidance unit ? Because the desync is about that the co-pilot don't recieve electricxity (for me), the guidance optic is off/close and it's not even possible to look throught.

I get this problem only when i see the rotor looking like it is low RPM. When it's look full RMP (mean the blades look fully blurry), it work and i got electricity (but i didn't try to fire... :D). Also, the desync seem to fix itself when landing (after takeoff, navigate, and then landing), and sometimes in flight randomly (but much of the times in flight it is broken, i mean 90% of the time).

++

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1

so it all seems normal when you load in and there are a few little glitches like the doors showing as open in 3rd person even though its closed and pilots closed even when its open. these are fine just toggle the doors a couple times for it to register but the one major game breaking problem is the rotor RPM, as the operator i see the Rotor RPM as 60% when the pilot sees 85-90% and he has power from the generators meanwhile im in the front and got no power to ANY systems at all. Observer, nope missiles no nothing just like im cold and dark

15 minutes ago, Altera said:

this is so easily reproduced too just get in and cold start and there.

Theire is already some thread about this, like here : 

And this one look like followed by ED team, your issue is descripted here, and others issues related to multicrew and broken sync : 

You can put your desync issues description here maybe, better than opening a new thread 😉

++

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1

I've not been able to test it yet, but this makes sense as being a possible sync issue with the operator's seat acting as if the RPM isn't turned up to full, which in turn means the generators aren't running. That fits extremely well with me having to flip on DC power for his electronics to turn on.
We might want to merge this with the desync thread, that or we can wait and I will test it a bit more thoroughly to confirm it later today

I am fairly certain the problem is very simple:

The electrical system for the operator seat is looking at cyclic position instead of RPM and triggering a shutdown/power up based on that.

Edited by Poulet67

9 minutes ago, Poulet67 said:

I am fairly certain the problem is very simple:

The electrical system for the operator seat is looking at cyclic position instead of RPM and triggering a shutdown/power up based on that.

Not really it's likely just throttle position desync, operator client then sees low engine and rotor RPM and since rotor RPM needs to be above some threshold for AC generators to work you get no power in the operator seat.

I found that if pilot fiddles with the throttle a bit everything will go back to normal and you will sync with him again.

Just now, XPACT said:

Not really it's likely just throttle position desync, operator client then sees low engine and rotor RPM and since rotor RPM needs to be above some threshold for AC generators to work you get no power in the operator seat.

I found that if pilot fiddles with the throttle a bit everything will go back to normal and you will sync with him again.

Just try it, when I was flying it was constantly conking out every time the pilot reduced the collective.