Lots of multicrew sync issues

QuiGon

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Since you seem to be the exception, care to share what server you and your copilot played on and maybe some other details? Like what you ping was to each other or the server, where you were playing from (same room, town, city, country, continent?) etc. Thanks. 

I have no idea what his ping was, mine was 2ms or less since I'm hardwired into the server, my friend is across the (2000mi) country from me. Private server with only the two of us on it probably helps desync a bit.

Edited by laertesson

Same thing I said in the other thread specifically about electrical issues:

The electrical system (shutdown/ power up) in the operator cockpit appears to me to be triggered by collective position instead of rotor RPM. At least after start up.

I experienced an odd problem with multi-crew as well tonight:  when using the missiles, in the gunner's sight I would be on target, the pilot would have my pipper within parameters and get a tone, but there would be no tone for the gunner nor red light in the gunner's sight, and I could not launch missiles from the gunner's sight. During this time the pilot was still getting launch authorization tone and could launch, and I could then guide the missiles in.  I figured we were somehow screwing up the switchology, but this thread has me wondering about de-sync instead.

5 minutes ago, Lawn*Dart said:

During this time the pilot was still getting launch authorization tone and could launch, and I could then guide the missiles in.

If he hears a tone you should too, seems like a another desync.

I made a list of multicrew multiplayer desync issues that I will slowly start to report and make tracks of, of course anybody else willing to report and experiment with these can and should do so 🙂 list somewhat goes from more important to less important ones

*Engine throttle DESYNC!
After pilot starts both engines and throttles them up both engine and rotor RPM stay low (Idle) for the operator and AC generators are not operational for him, meaning there is no power for weapon systems. For pilot everything seems fine.

Two workarounds until fixed that are working reliably. First one, and better in my opininon, is giving control to the operator then he can raise throttle by himself and give control back to pilot, everything will work fine after that.
Second one is exiting operator seat and then returning again, but that can induce other desync issues that are described later tho with this one operator compass will now start working correctly.

*[COULD BE PING RELATED] Shturm doesn't track properly when fired by pilot. When fired by pilot it seems that missile is following a bit desynced reticule that pilot sees on his HUD and not the actual inputs of operator, Shturm will almost always miss.
If fired by operator everything is working correctly everytime.

*Missile on launcher desync (green light shows that missile is there even if it isn't) either if pilot fires Shturm or operator hot joins when some were fired previously

*RI-65 silent at operator seat even after power cycle (possibly only with hot join, needs further testing)

*SPO-10 Operator can't hear it working if he is present at cold start, if he hot joins SPO-10 will always beep even if sound for it is disabled in pilot cockpit at some point in time.

*Compass in operator cockpit not working (stuck at 0 degrees N) when he is there from cold start if he hot joins on already started Hind compass works.

*"Trimmer to yourself" switch (left wall panel) at operator cockpit opens the operator door for the pilot and possibly whole server, in first person operator can hear wind noise but not see physical door movement, in external view however operator will see his door open.

*When pilot jettisons shturm tubes they are still there for him but operator doesn't see them.

• Like 1

i took a break from the mi-24, I went on the acrobatics server (Caucasus) to fly the huey and watch others crash the mi-24.

during start up I started getting the multicrew dsynch issues where switches start resetting.

(all the radios turned themselves off and the IFF, straight after I turned them on, and refused to stay on)

i was the only one in the helicopter.

all the important switches stayed on so i could fly.

there were a lot of mi-24 on at the time and a few had multicrew gunners.

the server had been on for an hour. (5 hours till reset)

once in the air it flew fine.

the problem resolved itself because I tried the switches again later in the flight and they all stayed on.

so its probably not a good idea to fly multicrew helicopters on crowded servers right now. even if you are the only one in the helicopter.

my ping was the same as normal. (168 as I'm in Europe and the server is in the US, I don't normally accept multicrew requests because of my ping)

I didn't see much rubber banding. which is normally a hint that the server is struggling.

adding this for extra info.

Edited by Quadg

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Having same loss of power issue playing a friend today and the only way to fix it was to raise the collective. Happened both in TNN and a server I hosted where we get really good ping. Also he was pointed at the ground to lock on a ground target but for me the reticle was pointed up in the sky.

Yes i found that the RPM power (gas power, on the collective, not the collective itself) can serv to keep powered the co-pilot cockpit !!!

The power is already full on the pilot side, and the pilot can not see the difference, but the copilote can raise up RPM for himself XD It "fix" the issue...We can say...

Anyway, an other bug i saw is that, the optical aiming system is sometimes not centered, and buged to a side (can only moove in a side and not the other). But it rarely happen.

An other thing is that, i tought that the desync about the doors is not important, but it is, because the door look closed from inside and open from outside view, but the sound is like it is open.

The flare are not fonctionnal for the pilot to the point that he can not see it.

All that in a serveur where i had 35ping and my friend (pilot seat) was around 26...

11 minutes ago, Mav783 said:

Anyway, an other bug i saw is that, the optical aiming system is sometimes not centered, and buged to a side (can only moove in a side and not the other). But it rarely happen.

This one probably isn't a bug, happened to me when I didn't close the sight door on time and pilot did hard maneuver, gyros in sight were broken from that point on even if I exited and AI took my place, AI also couldn't use the sight.

EDIT: Small correction, gyros seemed to work but everything went out of alignment as you said and from what I saw on the forums everyone had that occur with sight doors open and hard maneuvering. So it can be an early attempt to simulate sight damage.

Edited by XPACT
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, XPACT said:

This one probably isn't a bug, happened to me when I didn't close the sight door on time and pilot did hard maneuver, gyros in sight were broken from that point on even if I exited and AI took my place, AI also couldn't use the sight. 

Hooo ok ! My bad 🙂 Thanks 🙂 This is cool feature so if it is realistic i take it 😄

Edited by Mav783

• ED Team
12 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

Has anyone reported loosing the tail due to multicrew ?

It has been reported by me. Thanks

------------------------------------

I will close this thread as many sync issues have been reported

please make a new thread with track replays if you have a specific issue. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2