Warp screen (Fly-Elise) and Viewport - incorrect warp

Yuriks

Quite specific issue, but may be someone knows. 

I have 180 degree screen with 2 projectors that warped with Fly Elise software. Also have external screen to viewport MFCDs.  The issue is that Fly Elise warps not only main screen but also extended, making it wrong on all screens. Might be an issue with the way I made .Lua

Any advice greatly appreciated

DCS2Fullresolution_NoWarp.jpg

DCS2Fullresolution_Warped.jpg

FlyElise 2 pojectors + ext disp.lua

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same setup as you, 2 projectors displaying on a 180 degree screen and using Fly Elise. I can't get mine to display properly either. Were you ever able to get it figured out? I used the exact .lua that is exported with Fly Elise and I selected it in the DCS settings under Monitor, and the resolution is 1920x1080, with an aspect ratio of 1.33333. I'm sure it has something to do with either the selected resolution or something in the .lua file that is exported. 

DCS Displayed On 180 Widescreen.jpg

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am have the same problem. I followed exactly the The Warthog Project Guy did on his video. Fly -Elise support says that is all wrong. Wrong? He seem to get it right. This is what Fly-Elise told me to do and I did. It puts the two viewports correctly on the screens but they say not to warp the desktop and start DCS. Well, that just not able to work because you can’t see or click on any desktop icons on the screen. The Warthog project guy warps his desktop first, then loads the singlecalib file. When he is in his cockpit, he has 3 separate viewports displaying the left from and right windows like yours and mine we have only two viewports. He then pushes a warp3 button mapped in his cockpit and all three viewports merge as one. This is not how Fly-Elise said to do it and they are not much help. Here is what they told me to do. 

For DCS:
1.  You must use a grouped desktop (2D surround enabled). You must
group your outputs connected to projectors.
2. You must load the exported multi.procalib file (the largest
multi.procalib file) in Immersive Display PRO.
3. You must copy the exported monitors.lua the corresponding DCS folder.
4. You must disable the desktop warping and make sure Windows warping
stays enabled
5. Start DCS in full screen mode on the grouped display, make sure
that the correct monitors.lua file is used.

Anyone figure out the correct way?
Metro. 

• 1 month later...

I followed the Warthog Project also. His warp is on the entire screen, but mine is in the center like yours @kenpilot. What is the key bind to warp the screen once I’m in DCS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

did any of you solve this?  I exported the config from config pro and tried that but like you said above it also warps my other screens which have the MFDs and should not be warped.   I also noticed a strange thing. I thought desktop warp was for windows desktop and window warp was for full screen applications but they seem to be tied together.

With desktop off (as vendor stated above) I load the 3 views and then hit my warp window key and it warps the 3 projectors and the 2 mfd displays so everything is messed up.

If I enable desktop and load DCS I get something more reasonable.  I had to manualy edit my views file from what came out of config but I do see my 290d and the FOV overlay area lines up but where the projectors meet its not warped in 3d properly. Lines that should be horizontal are not (see attached).

So I'm back to thinking that desktop off, start DCS, enable window warp is the right way to do this but it keeps trying to warp my projectors and my side screens.

I know @warthogproject uses 3 projectors and 1 monitor, I wonder if he included the extra monitor in his nvidia merge and then told elise to ignore it?warpWrong.png

On 4/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, Buzzkillington said:

did any of you solve this?  I exported the config from config pro and tried that but like you said above it also warps my other screens which have the MFDs and should not be warped.   I also noticed a strange thing. I thought desktop warp was for windows desktop and window warp was for full screen applications but they seem to be tied together.

With desktop off (as vendor stated above) I load the 3 views and then hit my warp window key and it warps the 3 projectors and the 2 mfd displays so everything is messed up.

If I enable desktop and load DCS I get something more reasonable.  I had to manualy edit my views file from what came out of config but I do see my 290d and the FOV overlay area lines up but where the projectors meet its not warped in 3d properly. Lines that should be horizontal are not (see attached).

So I'm back to thinking that desktop off, start DCS, enable window warp is the right way to do this but it keeps trying to warp my projectors and my side screens.

I know @warthogproject uses 3 projectors and 1 monitor, I wonder if he included the extra monitor in his nvidia merge and then told elise to ignore it?warpWrong.png

I put my widescreen, projectors, and displaying DCS on hold for a little while to finish building the simpit first. I did get it figured out before I stopped working on it though, but unfortunately I can't remember what I did. I know this doesn't help you right now but I'm going to be finishing my simpit soon and will be back to the widescreen, projectors and displaying DCS and setting everything up again. Yes, the warthogproject does currently use 3 projectors on to a 270 degree widescreen and a separate monitor for the instrument panel. That's what my end goal is as well, although I'm doing what he did first, which is just using 2 projectors warped on a 180 degree widescreen and a third monitor for the instrument panel. You can try reaching out to him on his website, but he may take a while to get back to you, if he gets back to you at all. I've written to him several times over the past year or two while working on my project since I'm basically modeling my complete simpit, widescreen and projectors after his amazing work. He has only written back to me I believe twice, and its usually months later. His website says he'll respond within 48 hours or something like that, but I can tell you that isn't the case. At least not for me. lol I would at least give it a shot, maybe he'll get back to you and help you. If he doesn't, I have had pretty good luck with emailing the software company. They usually get back to you pretty quickly. Although sometimes it's kind of hard trying to explain what you're trying to do or the issues you're having and getting a decent response. It may take a few emails back and forth to clear everything up. Worse case scenario, if you're still having issues, let me know and I'll check back with you when I start working on my displays again. 

• Like 1

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

I don't recall honestly, I'm sorry. I'll know once I start that project back up again. 

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

On 4/24/2022 at 3:47 AM, Buzzkillington said:

Thanks for the offer, quick question are you using nvidia spanning or are you using flyelise to merge the projectors.

I think your issue might have been that you assigned the instrument monitor to Nvidia surround as well. 

my setup below. Both of the projectors are merged into single monitor with Nvidia surround and curved with FE. Instrument monitor is a standalone. 

I created two profiles. Flat for desktop and a "3d" where the two separate viewports are merged to form surround picture. 

2v2aS1q5rxUHnUD.jpg

• Like 1

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I'm really pulling my hair out here, can you clarify what you mean you created 2 profiles?  Do you mean you created 2 sets in immersive or some other meaning? I dont know how you create "profiles" in dcs or what you mean by a 3d profile.

I'm still struggling with this, maybe if i describe my steps you might see where i'm wrong.  The problem is that when i apply the warp it warps my 3 projectors and my screen with the gauges.

1) In fly-elise I grouped my 3 projectors and did not include my gauge monitors

2) I configure the warp so the 3 projectors look proper

2A) in display pro, I load the multimonitor output from calibrate pro as my current profile

3) copied the contents of the viewport to my dcs lua file and added in my mfds and gauges

4) start DCS, select the proper lua.  I set the display res to my 3projector+gauge.

5) start game, screen looks wonky but gauges are good.

6) hit hotkey to start window warp. All the projects AND gauges get warped

• 2 weeks later...

A follow up for those playing at home.  I was able to get the warp correct but with a couple major drawbacks.  According to Fly Elise the issue with the warping of the side monitors is a bug in DCS. What you need to do is include the side monitors in your nvidia surround or your fly elise group, then in the warp software there is a check box that says do not warp. 

The issue is that fly elise requires that all displays in the group have the same resolution. So you gauge cluster  displays must have the same resolution as your projectors or it wont let you group them.  In my case the gauges are 1024x600 and the projectors are 1920x1080 so it wont work.  If I unplug the gauges and perform the alignment with just the projectors then the output monitor.lua and warp look right.

I have a work around for this, I'm going to put a 1920x1080 lcd on the computer, put the gauges on that then screen cast those to another PC that has the 3 smaller gauge screens.

The 2nd problem i mentioned is that with the warp the scenery covers the 270 and looks great but the HUD is totally unreadable. I'm going to try lowering my screen and moving the center projector closer to the screen. I think the warp is stretching the pixels too far because the screen overcasts too much surface. I made an attempt to build a HUD but failed, I may have to revisit that.

I did go back to one of my original configurations where I have the nvidia surround and desktop warp mode, on that the hud is visible but the wrap around only displays 180d vs 270d. I think this has to do with the position of the pilots head (closer to the HUD) vs the proper span which has you much further from the hud (thus harder to read) but more FOV

If anyone has any pointers for making the warp less blurry let me know.

FE support tells everyone about DCS bug and need for the same resolution, but eventually it works on projectors (wrap) and external displays (unwrap) from the same pc. 

Go to settings, sampling (desktop), switch from Linear to Bicubic to make it less blury 

Edited by Yuriks

• 3 months later...

Ok guys, I'm back at it with trying to figure all of this stuff out and I'm already stuck. I don't even know how I got as far as I did the last time I tried messing with this. If any of you guys got this to work with DCS, I would greatly appreciate any step by step instructions you can provide. Here is where I'm at. I created the two export files after calibrating my projectors and screen. I selected DCS when I exported the files in Immersive Calibration Pro. In my PC Local Disk (C:) > WARP000>Config folder, I have multi_Projector1.procalib and multi_projector2.procalib files. I've disabled NVIDIA surround, I've assigned each file to it's respective projector in Immersive Display Pro, and I only have Desktop Warp Enabled. When I start DCS, I can't even select any menus or anything cause the screen isn't warped and blended yet. Where do I go from here? Shouldn't the main title screen for DCS be warped and blended? If so, how come mine isn't? If not, how in the world do you actually select any menus or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

look that attached table, my summary of settings. I use two presets for desktop, to work with windows and menus, and when dcs runs.  

1. Surround should be ON. 
  2. Single muli_file since it treats all projector as a single screen
  3. Copy DCS output coordinates for projectors from exported Monitor. Lua into the one in the game folder (see table). BUT, only part related to projectors (P1, P2), the rest of the file that describes other monitors should stay the same.   Make a back up before changing  

FE.xlsx

6 hours ago, Yuriks said:

look that attached table, my summary of settings. I use two presets for desktop, to work with windows and menus, and when dcs runs.  

1. Surround should be ON. 
  2. Single muli_file since it treats all projector as a single screen
  3. Copy DCS output coordinates for projectors from exported Monitor. Lua into the one in the game folder (see table). BUT, only part related to projectors (P1, P2), the rest of the file that describes other monitors should stay the same.   Make a back up before changing  

FE.xlsx 51.74 kB · 3 downloads

Ok I need to take this step by step. I want to first try and make my desktop screen look like one screen with the two projectors instead of how it looks now, which is two displays from the projectors. I turned on NVIDIA surround like you mentioned. I started Immersive display Pro and got a message that says, "Display configuration do not match with loaded configuration. Click each display to select the loaded configuration." I closed that message box and in Immersive Display Pro I am showing one display with No projectors. I'm guessing I then left click the one display and select External calibration (.procalib) from the pop up menu, but which file do I choose from the list of files? I looked on your table but I don't have a file name "single.procalib". I have 2 multi_DESKTOP files, multi_Projector1.procalib, multi_Projector2.procalib, and 2 single_DESKTOP files. Thank you for your help Yuriks! 

Edited by Kenpilot
  • Like 1

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

Disregard my last. I went in to Immersive Calibration Pro and loaded my file and exported again and this time it exported a single.procalib file. I'm not sure why it didn't when I first calibrated and made my file, but I got my desktop to warp and blend now. Is it normal for the windows and window names to be sort of jagged or blurry? They were crystal clear before I enabled desktop warping. I know it looked like this the last time I messed with all of this a year ago but when I look at The Warthog Project's desktop windows screen after he enables desktop warping, everything still looks like it did before warping, smooth and clear. Is there a setting or something I need to change or enable? 

Now I'm going to see if I can get this to work in DCS.

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

• 4 months later...

@thepretende assuming you have done calibration (in calib pro) and exported multi.procalib files

1) run FE display pro 

2) right click on monitors that should be warped and select related multi.procalib flies 

3) select "settings set #" and  "save as" those settings

4) desktop (not window) warp ON

5) in settings \ inputs assign hotkeys for warp and switch between settings sets

Edited by Yuriks