Rain fix

1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

This mod doesn't touch metashaders.

I guess I don't have the latest version of your mod.

Снимок экрана 2021-10-21 222250.png

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Just install like all other mods do, under your DCS World installation. I think it is better to use a mod manager, but if you know what you are doing, like me, you may manually copy everything.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

18 hours ago, PLUTON said:

So since 2.7.7 how should we install
the mod (rain correction)?
Thank you in advance Mr TAZ🔍

I advise you to use OVgme to install your mods without manually install them to core DCS folder. So, with a click you can enable/disable your mods whenever necessary.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

In update 2.7.7.15038 the file precipitation.fx has been changed. The same file is present in this mod.
I think this mod should be edited for 2.7.7.15038....

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

7 hours ago, SMN said:

In update 2.7.7.15038 the file precipitation.fx has been changed. The same file is present in this mod.
I think this mod should be edited for 2.7.7.15038....

It has been.  However, this was temporary mod until ED fixes the rain.  They have.

I'm leaving it because this mod still does offer longer lightening and smaller water droplets.  File on the first post is compatible with latest as of 10-29-2021.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the good work Taz!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Thanks for your efforts!  I saw it was posted under the bugs section already so this has been reported, but I found it ironic that with your mod all three rain/weather templates worked up until this 10/29 OB where the rain was fixed.  Now Rain 3 doesn't have sound or droplets any longer.  Without knowing whatever else was affected, it almost seems that your mod was the fix that was needed 😉 

Now another fix is needed for the fix lol.  I know....welcome to open beta, subject to change without notice and not always for the best.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

Thanks for your efforts!  I saw it was posted under the bugs section already so this has been reported, but I found it ironic that with your mod all three rain/weather templates worked up until this 10/29 OB where the rain was fixed.  Now Rain 3 doesn't have sound or droplets any longer.  Without knowing whatever else was affected, it almost seems that your mod was the fix that was needed 😉 

Now another fix is needed for the fix lol.  I know....welcome to open beta, subject to change without notice and not always for the best.

That's just an error in the preset.  I updated the mod in the first post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Does this work with the latest OB?

DCS OB simply won't start after installing the mod. Dunno why but according to the log, there had been some conflicts.

• 2 months later...

hi @Taz1004just so you know your rain mod is currently breaking the new south atlantic terrain, i don't know if it is breaking anything else but it was raining in my quick mission generation, and removing the rain mod seemed to fix it 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Preset "Overcast And Rain 3"

Now   DCS Open Beta 2.7.15.26783 with this mod - there are drops, but it's not raining. Without the mod (stock), on the contrary, it rains, but no drops

Edited by SMN

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, BlackReef said:

This mod seriously messed up my DCS.  It overwrote the files and now I can't open DCS (it crashes on startup)

I think you mean, the way in which you chose to install the mod "messed up your DCS". Use a MOD manager.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

^ What he said. @BlackReef run the repair and cleanup now to get your game back to order, but I'd recommend to take a look at existing mod manager solutions (like OvGME or OpenModManager) to easily enable/disable custom mods anytime at will and avoid such issues in the future.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.