Is it possible to disable or specify a specific joystick input on the observer sight?

Go to solution Solved by wowbagger,

The observer sight as it sits seems to be able to take input from any joystick even if it isn't mapped. This is making it extremely hard to guide a missile accurately because the aim point is constantly moving if the joystick is just barely off center. I've also noticed that if I touch my slew stick, even though it isn't explicitly mapped as an axis on the observer sight, it also affects the aim point. Is there a way to specify a specific axis and that axis only to control the observer sight?

• Like 1

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

• Solution

The sight has a separate controls scheme from the Mi-24 itself. If you look under controls you will see one for the Mi-24, one for the sight, and one for the AI. Select the control scheme for the sight and see what is bound under the axis settings. 

• Thanks 2

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Confirm, the default is to include the main joystick with it, and it can cause problems when non-centered. 

I had throttle mini-stick and joystick set for it. Constantly was sticking to sky somewhere because mini-stick jitter. 

Removing mini-stick and joystick, adding joystick mini-stick for its place and things are proper. Interestingly requires some dead zones anyways. 

Need to check out how to get possible problem off that deadzone is not honored as sometimes sight keep moving like some other axis would be doing it. 

So fix is to rebind things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Thanks guys! I was trying to bind inside the Mi-24P Sim axis settings and didn't realize this was on a separate option. I'll give this a shot tonight. 

EDIT: Works great! Thanks again!

Edited by YeaImRota
  • Like 1

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us