multi axis aiming station slewing

Bounty_V
Go to solution Solved by wowbagger,

The issue is the axis on my joystick, pedals, mouse, and throttle all control the aiming station simultaneously. There is no way to disable or modify them, even after clearing keybinds for all devices and setting keybinds for only one device specifically for aiming station in axis, except for outright disabling a device entirely.

Additionally, the keybinds set for aiming station under axis do work, but only when not using the aiming station. I can confirm this visually inside the cockpit, and also confirm (while in VR because I can still see the cockpit while seeing through the aiming station scope) it isn't working while aiming station is in use. 

This occurs regardless of map, and after resetting keybinds to default. 

In the track I show controlling the aiming station with the various axis. 

all axis using the operator scope in mi-24 bug.trk dcsbugdxdiag.txt

Think I’m also experiencing a similar issue. Just trying the ATGM training mission amd I can skew the sight laterally but not vertically. It seems to jump back to a nose high position even if I keep the slew hat pressed downwards 

41 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Can you check your controls and post a screenshot of this please:

Screen_210617_115939.jpg

Aha there's the problem! For me Aiming Station was entirely blank until I specifically selected Axis Commands in the drop down. Lo and behold, the inputs in question are indeed bound to multiple devices so that has solved the issue many thanks! 

It should be noted, that by default it doesn't show anything when people select aiming station, so perhaps that could be addressed. Guarantee you all the people experiencing this issue totally missed this page because of that just like me as seen here: https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveUglyLaptopSoonerLater-S4LRhPnSoJRO4kct 

Also just a side question that is related to making this more confusing. Why are there a total of 3 different locations for keybinds to control the Aiming Station movement? 1 in Aiming Station Axis, 1 in Mi-24P Sim Axis, and another in the 9K113 section of Mi-24P Sim...really makes it confusing haha 

Edited by Bounty_V
adding more info