RADIO ARC 210

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Hive said:

Still waiting for the new roadmap NineLine had asked for.

Even just a small mention in a newsletter would be appreciated….the impression right now is development has been stopped/abandoned.

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 3

• ED Team

As we have already mentioned we are waiting for some free Dev time for the ARC 210, when we have news we will share it. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 11/17/2021 at 2:29 PM, BIGNEWY said:

As we have already mentioned we are waiting for some free Dev time for the ARC 210, when we have news we will share it. 

Just curious about this, as in the past it was always, this module won’t affect another plane’s dev time (like F-18 & F-16). Yet here we are with an unfinished A-10, but with the Apache coming out soon-ish…. (There are about 3 more examples that I won’t go into but you get the point). It seems like we just keep getting lied to while people get mover off modules to work on something that gives ED more money instead of finishing what a lot of people already payed for (4/5 years of Dev time isn’t acceptable if you keep releasing new modules in that same time) it just becomes abandonware at this point

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, FoxOne007 said:

Just curious about this, as in the past it was always, this module won’t affect another plane’s dev time (like F-18 & F-16). Yet here we are with an unfinished A-10, but with the Apache coming out soon-ish…. (There are about 3 more examples that I won’t go into but you get the point). It seems like we just keep getting lied to while people get mover off modules to work on something that gives ED more money instead of finishing what a lot of people already payed for (4/5 years of Dev time isn’t acceptable if you keep releasing new modules in that same time) it just becomes abandonware at this point

People keep paying so there is very little reason for them to change their approach. It's what happens when a company knows they are the only game in town. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Or: they are the only game in town bc they do what they do.

Start projects, not finish them, and then sell new projects?  That's not a sustainable idea unless people are willing to get partial products indefinitely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thump said:

Start projects, not finish them, and then sell new projects?  That's not a sustainable idea unless people are willing to get partial products indefinitely.

As long as people keep pre-ordering their very hyped up modules (like the Apache) it’s a lost cause

• Like 8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 minutes ago, Castor Troy said:

Should a contractor be paid, only when the house is complete? People gotta eat.

I 100% support them and would even be willing to pay more for their products to support the developers, just bummed out when they take the assigned staff off this aircraft project and assign them elsewhere. This aircraft still has a huge community. 

• Like 6

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

4 minutes ago, davidzill said:

I 100% support them and would even be willing to pay more for their products to support the developers, just bummed out when they take the assigned staff off this aircraft project and assign them elsewhere. This aircraft still has a huge community. 

Understood.

1 hour ago, Castor Troy said:

Like building a house, perhaps a schedule of tranche payments could be made. ED would get the next installment only when that portion of the project is completed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Castor Troy said:

What would you do, if you pay contractor full price for completeing just part of the build, and then he leaves your construction to start working on another one?

Edited by Foka
  • Like 6

I think ED was banking on not much of an A-10 community left, which has proven otherwise in recent days in discussions and rants both here and on their Discord server. Hopefully they “Get on it.”

• Like 1

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, Castor Troy said:

More often than not, contractor's have multiple builds to manage.

The point was that you paid a contractor to complete the work and instead they didn't.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This is simply the ED cycle.  They will miss taking care of the A-10 and will promise more help early 2022.  They will then address one or two of the non-critical issues as a sign of "working on it" in Q1 with nothing really being done until Q3 after much frustration being voiced.  It happened with the Hornet when the Viper came out.  It's happening with with the Viper as SC and Hind came out. And, it will happen again when the Apache comes out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, Thump said:

This is simply the ED cycle.  They will miss taking care of the A-10 and will promise more help early 2022.  They will then address one or two of the non-critical issues as a sign of "working on it" in Q1 with nothing really being done until Q3 after much frustration being voiced.  It happened with the Hornet when the Viper came out.  It's happening with with the Viper as SC and Hind came out. And, it will happen again when the Apache comes out.  

If ED had never promised the ARC-210, I dare say we would all be very happy with the A-10C as it stands. ED makes arguably the best flight sim on the market, but they over-promise on features on just about every module. These promises are evidently impossible to keep in the real world, and cause a lot of frustration from their customer base. They just need to stop over-promising.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deep said:

If ED had never promised the ARC-210

The upcoming TAD functions are much more important imo. I'm obviously not against the new radio but honestly, why is it that important? In terms of gameplay it really won't give any appreciable benefits but the missing TAD functions will have huge effects, even if we only get the same functionality for preplanned threats as the Hornet and the VIper that will still be a game changer.

• Thanks 1