RADIO ARC 210

12 hours ago, Snoopy said:

ED considered the original A-10C feature complete years ago.  That being said the TAD never had all the features the real suite 3 or 5 had.

version 2 of the A-10C is missing even more TAD functionality, HUD symbology, TGP symbology, the HMCS is missing lots of symbology as well.  Unfortunately we won’t get any of that and I’m not holding my breath for the ARC-210 or long ECM pod in 2022.  

I'm not holding my breath either. I can't hold it that long.

• Like 3

Buzz

On 1/16/2022 at 11:17 AM, BuzzU said:

This is the same radio that's in the Hornet. Will we need the other radios we have in the Hog now?

Providing, we do get it,

There's never a thing and "too many radios."  I would say the rest of them would be useful in some capacity on a given mission depending on what you're trying to do.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:22 PM, Raptor05121 said:

bump. Cmon ED

You'll have to wait for another 3 to 4 months at best if you want to see any mention of the A-10CII.  This is how it goes with modules ED has maxed their profit intake on.  

Edited by Thump
  • Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 1:29 PM, BIGNEWY said:

As we have already mentioned we are waiting for some free Dev time for the ARC 210, when we have news we will share it. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:26 AM, Snoopy said:

ED considered the original A-10C feature complete years ago.  That being said the TAD never had all the features the real suite 3 or 5 had.

version 2 of the A-10C is missing even more TAD functionality, HUD symbology, TGP symbology, the HMCS is missing lots of symbology as well.  Unfortunately we won’t get any of that and I’m not holding my breath for the ARC-210 or long ECM pod in 2022.  

C'mon, as snoopy said it needs a lot more work and on three months and half none of hundreds ED employees had time to work on one of missing features?

• ED Team
2 hours ago, riojax said:

C'mon, as snoopy said it needs a lot more work and on three months and half none of hundreds ED employees had time to work on one of missing features?

The radio is on the list to do, the dev responsible is currently busy, it will be done as soon as there is time. 

that is all I can say for now. 

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

The radio is on the list to do, the dev responsible is currently busy, it will be done as soon as there is time. 

thanks

Maybe an official statement in a newsletter or a roadmap thread on what is still planned when “a programmer becomes available” would stop all the complaining and questions or at least provide a location for those with issues could be pointed to.

Otherwise all we’ve gotten for almost a year is the same statement you posted above.  Which to be honest is basically a slap in the face for paying customers who expected at least some development movement on a product they purchased.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Maybe an official statement in a newsletter or a roadmap thread on what is still planned when “a programmer becomes available” would stop all the complaining and questions or at least provide a location for those with issues could be pointed to.

Otherwise all we’ve gotten for almost a year is the same statement you posted above.  Which to be honest is basically a slap in the face for paying customers who expected at least some development movement on a product they purchased.

I'm totally agree with you.

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

On 1/28/2022 at 12:19 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

It's actually so insulting as a customer reading "when a developer is free". You took my money already over a year ago and you had the same cookie cutter response to questions since then - the store page still says "coming soon".

How is your management that disorganized that you cant even assign one or two devs to something that should have been finished a year ago. Actually finish stuff and then you can go hard and put everyone on the F16/Apache/Core Improvements. Its so frustrating.

Bought the A10 update which promised the ARC210 and is still missing many features over a year later with absolutely no word. I thought oh well it's not a big deal...went and purchased the Hornet, which was fun for a while but it's clear its only 80% finished - once again I thought "eh its early access I'm sure it will be developed properly", but apparently according to ED dev time on the hornet has been moved to the backburner even though were still officially in EA?

My next purchase was the supercarrier and its clear that it has been abandoned, simple additions like crew lights at night have gone ignored, questions asking for any sort of timeline is met with stonewalled responses saying you "hope" you can say something soon.  It feels like they have taken my money and ran.

Your modules are great fun but unfortunately I regret all three of these purchases greatly. Feels like I'm supporting a company with horrible management and business practices.

I won't be buying any new modules in the future because I feel taken advantage of with every purchase I have made from ED.

Edited by billySSBM
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

Nobody can answer this?

it does encryption without needing the Ky-58, you can change presets/freqs through the UFC, and depending on what ED decides to code “when a programmer becomes free” we may have two radios managed by one head unit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Nobody can answer this?

Probably the best improvement from a user interface standpoint is the ability to change frequencies using the UFCP. If you want to change your front randio to the frequency 228.5 for instance instead of messing around with all the little nobs on the radio control nugget you can just punch 2285 on the UFCP followed by the COM1 button. It will also display on the HUD what your front and aft frequencies. Same for preset frequencies, push 4 followed by COM1/COM2 to got to preset 4 on the front/aft radio. For a FM freq you'd put in 0514 to go to 51.4 MHz.

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 1/29/2022 at 9:01 AM, billySSBM said:

It's actually so insulting as a customer reading "when a developer is free". You took my money already over a year ago and you had the same cookie cutter response to questions since then - the store page still says "coming soon".

How is your management that disorganized that you cant even assign one or two devs to something that should have been finished a year ago. Actually finish stuff and then you can go hard and put everyone on the F16/Apache/Core Improvements. Its so frustrating.

Bought the A10 update which promised the ARC210 and is still missing many features over a year later with absolutely no word. I thought oh well it's not a big deal...went and purchased the Hornet, which was fun for a while but it's clear its only 80% finished - once again I thought "eh its early access I'm sure it will be developed properly", but apparently according to ED dev time on the hornet has been moved to the backburner even though were still officially in EA?

My next purchase was the supercarrier and its clear that it has been abandoned, simple additions like crew lights at night have gone ignored, questions asking for any sort of timeline is met with stonewalled responses saying you "hope" you can say something soon.  It feels like they have taken my money and ran.

Your modules are great fun but unfortunately I regret all three of these purchases greatly. Feels like I'm supporting a company with horrible management and business practices.

I won't be buying any new modules in the future because I feel taken advantage of with every purchase I have made from ED.

Early access does take a long time for sure, I totally understand if you are disappointed by the long time scales for development, but without it we would not be able to bring these modules to you all.

Thanks 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Early access does take along time for sure, I totally understand if you are disappointed by the long time scales for development, but without it we would not be able to bring these modules to you all.

Thanks 

Perhaps you make too many ea and you have never enough Time to finish them in less than 3 or 4 years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ASAP said:

Probably the best improvement from a user interface standpoint is the ability to change frequencies using the UFCP. If you want to change your front randio to the frequency 228.5 for instance instead of messing around with all the little nobs on the radio control nugget you can just punch 2285 on the UFCP followed by the COM1 button. It will also display on the HUD what your front and aft frequencies. Same for preset frequencies, push 4 followed by COM1/COM2 to got to preset 4 on the front/aft radio. For a FM freq you'd put in 0514 to go to 51.4 MHz.

Well that's pretty bid deal!

I don't know if ED will one day understand that making EAs without finishing them after 3 to 4 years (minimum) will give them a very bad reputation and players won't buy anything anymore!!

Edited by hanab
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, hanab said:

Lol, está bem resumido.  

Não sei se o ED um dia entenderá que fazer EAs sem terminá-los depois de 3 a 4 anos (no mínimo) lhes dará uma reputação muito ruim e os jogadores não comprarão mais nada!!

Many complain that they wouldn't buy this or that, but if ED releases a C172 or anything else the community will always buy it.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.