RADIO ARC 210

5 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Many complain that they wouldn't buy this or that, but if ED releases a C172 or anything else the community will always buy it.

that's the point : We are weak and they know it!

They managed to sell three times the KA-50 to same people, why bother???

And how many : "Shut-up and take my money" i have read!!!

Edited by icemaker
  • Like 1

• ED Team

A reminder to all, if you want to give feedback good or bad stick to the rules. 

If you can not please post somewhere else. 

-------------------------

We are not some giant company like microsoft with devs spilling over into the isle's. As mentioned early access can take years, budgets and recruitment of devs play a big part of that, without early access you would not get these modules, without the support from you all none of this would happen.

We operate in a niche flight sim market and we have been doing it longer ( over 25 years ) and out lasted others in the genre, we have done this as we can play the longer game and have the vision to keep us going. No one wants to see this stop, hopefully not even any of you. 

We are getting off topic with the early access talk, please return to talking about the ARC-210, as soon as I have news I will share it with you all. 

thanks for supporting us. 

• Like 10

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

A reminder to all, if you want to give feedback good or bad stick to the rules. 

If you can not please post somewhere else. 

-------------------------

We are not some giant company like microsoft with devs spilling over into the isle's. As mentioned early access can take years, budgets and recruitment of devs play a big part of that, without early access you would not get these modules, without the support from you all none of this would happen.

We operate in a niche flight sim market and we have been doing it longer ( over 25 years ) and out lasted others in the genre, we have done this as we can play the longer game and have the vision to keep us going. No one wants to see this stop, hopefully not even any of you. 

We are getting off topic with the early access talk, please return to talking about the ARC-210, as soon as I have news I will share it with you all. 

thanks for supporting us. 

Thanks. Been here since it was just the KA-50. That is why I love this product "devs spilling over into the isle's . . . " is the antithesis of something built with passion, and a labor of love.

Which is why I am here flying ED/TFC products.  I might still whine every now and again, but I certainly don't want to see it stop. Keep doing what you do.

When we get the radio, will just be all that much more agog over it.

• Like 2

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Thanks. Been here since it was just the KA-50. That is why I love this product "devs spilling over into the isle's . . . " is the antithesis of something built with passion, and a labor of love.

Which is why I am here flying ED/TFC products.  I might still whine every now and again, but I certainly don't want to see it stop. Keep doing what you do.

Thank you for supporting us, we really do appreciate it, and we also know the comments good and bad are from passion for our sim. 

• Like 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So am i, i support ED since Flanker 2.5, and if you look at my account you can see i have bought a lot of modules, but as a normal consumer i'm ready to play the game of early access, but i want ED to give me some respect.

I'm sorry to say that but i dont feel respected!

2 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

• Like 4

• ED Team
1 hour ago, icemaker said:

So am i, i support ED since Flanker 2.5, and if you look at my account you can see i have bought a lot of modules, but as a normal consumer i'm ready to play the game of early access, but i want ED to give me some respect.

I'm sorry to say that but i dont feel respected!

Please dont take it out on SmirkingGerbil, 

you have given your feedback, I have listened, I have passed the feedback on to the team. 

There is nothing more I can do for you here, you will have to continue to be patient. 

• Thanks 1

Am 29.1.2022 um 20:09 schrieb BIGNEWY:

Early access does take a long time for sure, I totally understand if you are disappointed by the long time scales for development, but without it we would not be able to bring these modules to you all.

Thanks 

But A-10C II is not an Early-Access module. It was and still is sold as a finished product with the radio marked as coming soon. I can very well understand the ED handling of EA. But this case is different and I really hope ED will rethink their priorities here.

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, cloose said:

But A-10C II is not an Early-Access module. It was and still is sold as a finished product with the radio marked as coming soon. I can very well understand the ED handling of EA. But this case is different and I really hope ED will rethink their priorities here.

Correct, which is why I said to return to the ARC-210 topic, the early access does not apply here. 

That does not change the fact that the dev responsible is currently busy and as soon as he is free to work on the ARC-210 he will.

thanks

But why is he busy and why was he moved away from an almost finished product? That doesn't make sense at all. As I said, this was sold as non-EA product. So the priority should be to provide the complete product as described via the feature list. I'm pretty sure that no customer expect multiple months if an item of a supposedly finished product is marked as coming soon.

• Like 8

It's a very interesting and drawn out scenario we have ourselves in here with a module so complete on the surface but still with a 'key' shiny new feature (so key it's the 4th down of the 12 listed on the product advertisement...) missing. it is what it is though, The ARC-210 once implemented should be a gamechanger for the SRS-driven milsim and multiplayer crowd and a nice cool new feature for justifying the existence of the the module as an expansion of the original 10C.

18 minutes ago, cloose said:

But why is he busy and why was he moved away from an almost finished product? 

As soon as the responses to the "so when are we getting the 210" switched from 'coming soon' to 'free dev time' this has been asked like dozens of times and it's pretty obvious. Priority, the 10C II is not it, nothing more nothing less imho. 

50 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

return to the ARC-210 topic

Honestly the common topic surrounding these 210 threads has never really been the radio itself more so EDs handling of it's edition. We've heard basically nothing regarding the radio capabilities wise or what the implementation will be like from ED so everyone's basically holding onto the "ARC-210 radio (coming soon)." line and trying to stretch it out to get a better idea of the radio and work out how much they should care about it, a topic I believe has been covered to the near fullest extend it can be at current in this thread and in previous ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Correct, which is why I said to return to the ARC-210 topic, the early access does not apply here. 

That does not change the fact that the dev responsible is currently busy and as soon as he is free to work on the ARC-210 he will.

thanks

Like I’ve said a few times….a roadmap thread would likely reduce most of these type of threads.

I guess as long as the DM folks are happy with what they’ve gotten from their contract we’re just out of luck. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

a roadmap thread would likely reduce most of these type of threads.

I agree and think there should have been a roadmap from the start.

That said I know it previously was requested by 9L not too long ago but my best guess is as soon as the idea got higher up the chain it was shot down as it would at current require basically admitting the assumptions of most regarding EDs resource 'management' and how it's left us with no expected progress for the foreseeable future that can be reported on in a format like a roadmap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cloose said:

But why is he busy and why was he moved away from an almost finished product? That doesn't make sense at all. As I said, this was sold as non-EA product. So the priority should be to provide the complete product as described via the feature list. I'm pretty sure that no customer expect multiple months if an item of a supposedly finished product is marked as coming soon.

Because they can as the community accepts this as just the way it is with ED.  They have zero incentive to actually finish a module.  It also is a hazard for them to complete a project as it sets a precedent of a full delivery that other module expectations can be made from. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

Like I’ve said a few times….a roadmap thread would likely reduce most of these type of threads.

I guess as long as the DM folks are happy with what they’ve gotten from their contract we’re just out of luck. 

Has a "unofficial" Roadmap thread from some years ago with continuous updates. Meanwhile, was on 2021 a roadmap, and someone use them as weapon, to thow them about "where are my promise features".

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Has a "unofficial" Roadmap thread from some years ago with continuous updates. Meanwhile, was on 2021 a roadmap, and someone use them as weapon, to thow them about "where are my promise features".

To be fair, clouds were on the 2012 roadmap.  I'd call that "a continuance of patience."

Edited by Thump
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I guess the key question is WHY is he currently busy - what is he currently working on? Why is it prioritised over the A10C II?

If the answer is - "he's working on new modules, that are projected to generate significant revenue, whereas the A10C2 has passed its sales peak" just say so...its not tough! A simple acknowledgement that resource priorities are being allocated to work that is projected to generate more revenue whereas older modules are considered less important as their revenue generation has peaked is all that people want to hear...

And if that's too cynical, if that's NOT what's happening - then explain what is instead...

Just a peak behind the curtains for all the people that support ED with our hard earned $s!

• Like 5

Airbag_signatur.png

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ha ha ha okay if you say so.  So it’s okay they have one for the Hornet, Viper, and Apache but not for the A-10C v2…and the A-10C v2 hasn’t had a meaningful update or bug fixes for over a year. 

we don’t need an unofficial roadmap/faq we want a statement on what is planned for the module from ED. 

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 2

• ED Team
5 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Please don't make false statements like this, repeatedly in this thread, and elsewhere you have been told that the module is on hold until the dev responsible can return. When the time comes, and the dev returns we can look at posting a report in the newsletter about what is left to do. The only missing feature is currently the ARC-210, but there are other things left such as older bug fixes etc. 

The Viper, AH-64D, Hornet, Hind are not hindering the development on this module, rather its a dev that does many cross project developments that is helping on another project before returning to the A-10C II. We do, when needed try to push through some bugs, I have been talking with a SME that has requested some tweaks here and there to make the Hawg set up more like the real thing, those are reported, etc. 

There are other things that people want that in many cases might be too sensitive to add, hence we haven't thrown up a road map or anything, when we have more info we will share. Now I will be the bad guy, and close this thread as I don't think we can word it any other way that we will have news on any remaining items when we return the module, and hopefully not to long from now.

Thanks
The ED Team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png