Weird Controls on Mission Start

Hi,

I´m having a weird problem: With the Hind, when I click "fly" my collective moves all the way up, cyclic all the way to front left, and full left rudder.

Only after giving a little input on my hotas and pedals it returns to neutral, but usually that´s too late and I already crashed.

I remember having a similar problem with the MI8, not exactly the same, back then it was some assignment on another peripheral, but I checked everything and all cyclic, collective and rudder functions are only bound to where they belong, couldn´t find anything.

hindcrash.trk

Mine mapped axis controls not responding exactly the same as the track provided by WolfK33 tried enabling and disabling sync controls no difference. Warthog Hotas Trackirr5 and saitek pro pedals plugged in. I have a logitech mouse plugged in that may be the culprit going to check.

For me, at least for one test right now disabling hotas syncing did it, thanks guys, could fly one hot started on ground mission now without issues.

I will report back when it comes back. Weird none the less where those inputs come from.

• Like 1

Weird disabling sync controls worked this time but when airborne lost x and y axis until I pulled the joystick forward back then left and right then it engaged again. I think I will leave the Hind for a while until its been patched a few times

Two tests in, one hot and one cold start.  On the hot start my controls would jump straight to full left rudder, full left & forward cyclic, and full collective.  I had to be quick to jump into any hot start Hind.

On cold starts, you could watch the controls move in that same direction while spooling up the first engine, though I could always get around this by cycling all control inputs before starting.  It was the hot starts on MP servers that really caused the trouble.

Disabling sync controls fixed this for me so far.  I've never had a problem with it till now.

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 6/17/2021 at 1:38 AM, WolfK33 said:

Hi,

I´m having a weird problem: With the Hind, when I click "fly" my collective moves all the way up, cyclic all the way to front left, and full left rudder.

Only after giving a little input on my hotas and pedals it returns to neutral, but usually that´s too late and I already crashed.

I remember having a similar problem with the MI8, not exactly the same, back then it was some assignment on another peripheral, but I checked everything and all cyclic, collective and rudder functions are only bound to where they belong, couldn´t find anything.

hindcrash.trk 38.35 kB · 2 downloads

Sometimes you may  need to reset the trim at start. Especially missions started in active pause.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On 6/19/2021 at 7:54 AM, NineLine said:

Sometimes you may  need to reset the trim at start. Especially missions started in active pause.

Hi Norm, that won't help at all if you are in a hot-start situation. The controls are not registering your HOTAS position and so the instant you spawn in the cockpit you are collective up, spinning to the left with full left pedal and with full fwd left cyclic.

The out-of-control freak out of the chopper can be reduced a little by quickly moving all your controllers the instant you spawn in the cockpit which resets them all to center. The problem is the aircraft is not registering your HOTAS positions at aircraft spawn like all the other aircraft.

I have been a good bug reporter and attached track file using the Instant Action mission with a fresh start of DCS. Spawned in HIND and spun out of control with controls at max deflection - not touched any controllers at all and then I launched the Hip mission immediately after the Hind mission, again not touching anything, and the Hip registers all my controls central and Collective down.

I have the sync cockpit controls option ticked, and as I mentioned this works perfectly with every other aircraft I own in DCS - just not the HIND.

Hope this helps.

P.S - Just tried attaching Hip track....file size 36kb, get warning it exceeds 5MB and can't attach? Rest assured the Hip spawns and sits quietly on tarmac rotor spinning with all virtual controls centered and collective down.

Settings.png

Hind.trk

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'No Bug'  🤣

Feel free to watch my track showing collective moving to full up, pedals fell left and cyclic full fwd and left at aircraft hotstart (with all HOTAS controls centered/collective down), obviously resulting in aircraft total destruction....and tell me that is 'no bug' LMAO. OMG love it.

Must be a 'Bug' then to hotstart in the Mi-8 Hip and have all controls matching your HOTAS controls and thus not immediately flipping and exploding. Hang on while I post a bug in the Hip section 🤪

• Like 2

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello, same problem for me, I have to move slightly the throttle so that my Hind stops getting excited.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

On a hot start mission, the collective will jump immediatly to full way up - regardless of the physical controllers. How is that not a bug?

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 6/21/2021 at 12:18 AM, VampireNZ said:

'No Bug'  🤣

Feel free to watch my track showing collective moving to full up, pedals fell left and cyclic full fwd and left at aircraft hotstart (with all HOTAS controls centered/collective down), obviously resulting in aircraft total destruction....and tell me that is 'no bug' LMAO. OMG love it.

Must be a 'Bug' then to hotstart in the Mi-8 Hip and have all controls matching your HOTAS controls and thus not immediately flipping and exploding. Hang on while I post a bug in the Hip section 🤪

Yeah same here, that’s a heck of a thing not to be a bug. I also get a similar issue with instant action missions in the hornet where the stick goes full left, not a big issue there and doesn’t seem to happen with any other module.

3 minutes ago, sasquatch98 said:

Yeah same here, that’s a heck of a thing not to be a bug. I also get a similar issue with instant action missions in the hornet where the stick goes full left, not a big issue there and doesn’t seem to happen with any other module.

Agreed, no big deal in a fixed wing - kinda big deal in a helicopter lol. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@BIGNEWY

can you remove the "no bug" flag?

Because it can't be "right as it is".

To clarify - I can't provide a Trackfile atm, but it is easily reproducable - in hot and cold start missions, even when the "sync Hotas" option is activated and the physical collective is all the way down, the moment you enter the cockpit the collective is all the way up and if you're not fast, it will instantly kill you.

This behaviour can't be found in the Mi-8.

Please, either remove the "no bug" flag or someone explain reasonably why we are wrong.

Thank you!!!

Edit: to clarify again - that the simulated controls in the Helicopter, in a cold start enviroment are off, and will first move to center, when hydraulics are available - that may or probably is correct. But this reasoning don't apply to hot start missions.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Am 21.6.2021 um 07:18 schrieb VampireNZ:

'No Bug'  🤣

Seems like Petrovich is labeling bug reports in his spare time. ED already confirmed that he is a bit "trigger happy" 😛

No seriously, I have the same Problem in the Hind. I also have it in the F-18, but there I can at least hit the brakes immediately to prevent the worst. In the Hind it usually causes a crash if I forgot to instantly move the collective.

• 4 months later...

Been having this issue on a ton of birds (CH Pro Throttle + VKB Gladiator NXT) nothing is mixed on my Axis... if I don't start moving rudder on my stick and doing stuff my birds will flat spin into oblivion. Quite odd and frustrating, especially for friends trying VR For first time.