The application was modified - Update error

Hi all

I have not been able to update the game (for the JDF server) with the following error :

"The application was modified".

The server runs on Windows Server 2019 essentials

All tricks tried, antivirus off, folder excluded, downloading updater directly from https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/, temp files deleted etc

Also tried new installation of server, after initial setup and desktop icons creation, the updater crashes with same error.

Please help as the stable server cannot run 2.7.x

Cheers

applicationModified.png

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Please ensure DCS_updater.exe has no Compatibility options turned on (right-click, Properties, Compatibility tab). Also remove "Run as Administrator" if it's enabled.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please ensure DCS_updater.exe has no Compatibility options turned on (right-click, Properties, Compatibility tab). Also remove "Run as Administrator" if it's enabled.

Hi Flappie. Why remove as administrator?

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Flappie

No Compatibility mode enabled.

Please note that the very same machine has been running (and updating with DCS_updater) for the Server for more than 3 years now.

Plus the existing updater works fine. Doing a repair for example completes with no issues (see pic 01

Running the same exe for update end up in the sequence 02 (downloading) and 03 (failing) of the attached pictures.

Please help as the server is now down for the third day. Never happened before even in the bad crash days...

EDIT:

Running the lates exe (2.11.2.89) with the cleanup parameter does give the same error msg.

Windows logs show nothing relevant to the issue.

01_upd2.9.13.13.png

02_downloadAttempt.png

03_failed.png

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Have you made sure the DCS_updater.exe file was replaced by the one you downloaded manually?

I once helped someone with the same issue, and that was the solution:

Edited by Flappie

I see your updater is the latest available but I think the message "the application was modified" means the updater doens't recognize itself, as if the file was corrupted in some way. Hence the need to replace this file by brand new one.

I don't have anymore ideas. You should open a support ticket.

Thanks Flappie.

I suspect it has something to do with compatibility with windows server.

I have used it because of networking performance. I hope it does not have to go.

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂