Helpful Tip Concerning Doppler Navigation

HalasKor

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

That's interesting. Because that's not what happens. At least not in my case. Talking about the zoomed "out" larger scale map. 

Keep flying.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bailey said:

Keep flying.

Are you trolling me? The map doesn't move, it basically stops once I'm past the edge. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

Are you trolling me? The map doesn't move, it basically stops once I'm past the edge. 

Lol he isn't trolling you - if you keep flying the pre-inserted 'map slide' will swap to another section of map adjacent to the previous one to continue tracking your progress. Now this may be a really bad section of map and you might be shown in the lower left corner or something silly - but it should swap.

Although saying that I have had the situation where I have got to the edge of the actual paper map installed (so you can see the white edge of the map with distance marks/writing etc) and no new map was dropped into the display - the plastic tracking cross just stayed at the edge of the display. Maybe that is what you have encountered? 

In any case the whole map tracking system is obviously WIP so I wouldn't get to hung up about it just yet. I just use it as a novelty really, as the actually doppler navigation system is really good (lots of use from Mi-8 flying), and combined with NDB's gets me where I need to go.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]