F/A-18C Data Cartridge

jwflowersii

• 10 months later...

From recently updated roadmap:

Цитата

We have one encompassing feature that requires cooperation between the F/A-18C and F-16C Team, the DCS Core Team, and 3rd Party Developers: create a shared planning environment and agree on a single strategy to support mission planning for many aircraft types. This includes an Aircraft Setup Card in Options and a Mission Planning Card for waypoints with properties (Sequences, Target Points, Pre-Planned Targets, Pre-Briefed Targets, Initial Points, Bullseyes, etc.) and MUMI and similar pages. This is a complex task that we have been designing, and we will be working with all participants to create the best Aircraft Setup and Mission Planner possible.

As far as I understood, it is on designing stage.

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

From recently updated roadmap:
We have one encompassing feature that requires cooperation between the F/A-18C and F-16C Team, the DCS Core Team, and 3rd Party Developers: create a shared planning environment and agree on a single strategy to support mission planning for many aircraft types. This includes an Aircraft Setup Card in Options and a Mission Planning Card for waypoints with properties (Sequences, Target Points, Pre-Planned Targets, Pre-Briefed Targets, Initial Points, Bullseyes, etc.) and MUMI and similar pages. This is a complex task that we have been designing, and we will be working with all participants to create the best Aircraft Setup and Mission Planner possible.

From which Roadmap is this? I have never seen it before.

1 час назад, Weasel сказал:

From which Roadmap is this? I have never seen it before.

From this (first message was updated at April 16)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if this is going to be accessible outside of the mission editor. 

This would be very helpful for those of us who make dynamic multiplayer missions/campaigns (or more-so for the players who have to manually key in each time) where they may be doing their own planning as a squadron on a multiplayer server. 

DTC for missions is great too, but just wondering if clients will have access to this independent of the mission editor / host?

nullimage.png

Edited by Dangerzone

11 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Just wondering if this is going to be accessible outside of the mission editor. 

This would be very helpful for those of us who make dynamic multiplayer missions/campaigns (or more-so for the players who have to manually key in each time) where they may be doing their own planning as a squadron on a multiplayer server. 

DTC for missions is great too, but just wondering if clients will have access to this independent of the mission editor / host?

nullimage.png

Tbh, if the AMU can't be edited outside of the scenario creation, ie by a connecting client. Then it's pretty useless.

Ideally we'd get a plain text lua that we can import, export, share and edit that contains all of the data the AmU would contain.

• Like 4

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 7 months later...

I mean, aside from configuring Waypoints, and making up to 3 sequences...

• can we expect to be able to set additional "drawings"? Like No-fly zones, Killboxes, FLOT... is that something that we could draw without having to rely on one of the 3 sequences, which are mutually-exclusive?
  • Can we expect to configure visibility of pre-briefed threats? (to hide SAMs that are no factor for a mission, but contribute to the display clutter)
  • Any kind of DDI configuration? Or is that a viper-only thing? (pre-defining the pages showing up per master mode)

I assume other functions will be present, of course (setting radar preferences per weapon, configuring pre-planned targets, countermeasure programs, IFF, etc)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, raus said:
  • Any kind of DDI configuration? Or is that a viper-only thing? (pre-defining the pages showing up per master mode)

This isn't a thing in the Hornet. The Sensor Control Switch logic has pre-set commands to invoke specific pages that cannot be changed.

• Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I mean, aside from configuring Waypoints, and making up to 3 sequences...
  • can we expect to be able to set additional "drawings"? Like No-fly zones, Killboxes, FLOT... is that something that we could draw without having to rely on one of the 3 sequences, which are mutually-exclusive?
  • Can we expect to configure visibility of pre-briefed threats? (to hide SAMs that are no factor for a mission, but contribute to the display clutter)
I assume other functions will be present, of course (setting radar preferences per weapon, configuring pre-planned targets, countermeasure programs, IFF, etc)

To the first point yes, a ton of functionality that DCS hasn't even hinted to is missing. And those threat rings on the SA should be dynamic.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What do you mean by this? Aren’t they just pre programmed, based on the latest threat intel? i.e. they could, and sometimes are, completely wrong.
Yes, but they can also be added and removed on the L16 network but I'm not sure at what level. (C2 function? I know 16s HTS data can be shared on link to Hornets.) Fun fact, the dashed circles should become solid when they correlate to an ALR-67 trackfile.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What do you mean by this? Aren’t they just pre programmed, based on the latest threat intel? i.e. they could, and sometimes are, completely wrong.
They can be donated from C2 assets as MIDS surface points, much like you can see the ground designation of your wingman on the SA page.

The C2 asset can create a surface point, and assign attributes to it (e.g. SA-10, hostile), and so the point will show a red 10, with a red, dashed circle. If the RWR picks it up and correlates it, the circle becomes solid.

And because it's a MIDS point, you can TUC it and get relevant info, as well as hide it from the SA display subpage (which we don't have).
  • Like 7

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro