Map Scale ("blackscreen")

KotPilot

Same here for Cyprus when I tried.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

14 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Works fine in Caucasus btw. Not every map has the high detail paper map yet.

I found some areas where it doesn't, I think I was somewhere between Mineralnye Vody and Cherkessk.

It's another reason why it would be beneficial if we could load custom images so long as they're the right size.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yep first thing I noticed. I am sure they will fix it. Me and my friend have only had a short time in it and only use the Syria map. One thing I did notice was some major detail changes in that map. All for the better. I have made missions around that checkpoint near the Iraq, Syria border. It used to be a brick wall and pavement. Now it has buildings, lanes, lights and  chain fence. Have to edit mission now. I have a fence running through a Bradley. That area used to be pretty much flat with no detail. I was surprised to see the area have more details.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I agree with everything here. Small map sizes would be nice, but if it’s any consolation I believe all modules suffer from not having maps of certain sizes. I think using the ALT map for zoomed in map when not available (such as flying outside caucuses) would be nice. Amazing would be an option to select ALT or current Navigation map. Though I like the navigation map, and would love to have the small scale. Which seems available if you zoom in on Syria in F10, but is not added to certain modules yet 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On the first videos related to the Hind (DCS: Syria Map – Hind Over Latakia), the F10 map was displayed in the cockpit.
I don't know why they changed that afterwards. Maybe because it's more realistic to display real paper maps ?

null

image.png

28 minutes ago, Razorback said:

On the first videos related to the Hind (DCS: Syria Map – Hind Over Latakia), the F10 map was displayed in the cockpit.
I don't know why they changed that afterwards. Maybe because it's more realistic to display real paper maps ?

null

image.png

More realistic sure. But what’s great about our Mi-24P, many people still operate it in that spec with little to no upgrades. In the modern day I don’t see it stopping anyone from printing out any map and using it. The manual has instructions for how to cut out a map and place it correctly. 

Im just glad this thread is marked/tagged as later in project, so there is some intention to make the map more comprehensive, and both modes to work in all maps 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg