Missile sight automatically and secretly binds all device axii

Was having a hard time using the missile sight until I realized it was bound to my controller, stick pedals , HOTAS slew and mouse all at the same time.

Even though I have nothing bound to "Aiming Station Left/Right" or "Aiming Station Up/Down" in my axis binds.

• Like 3

noticed that too... hardcoded defaults that do not show up as line items.. probably a repo-merge-oversight or just a general time contraint issue.

If only if only there was a proper bug tracker/ ticket system for module by Eagle....

• Like 1

Deleted - answer in wrong thread

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm seeing this as well

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

1 hour ago, rogorogo said:

noticed that too... hardcoded defaults that do not show up as line items.. probably a repo-merge-oversight or just a general time contraint issue.

If only if only there was a proper bug tracker/ ticket system for module by Eagle....

I almost wonder if this has something to do with combined arms, all the control bindings from that module are inconsistent with how aircraft are done and this sight looks like it may have been ripped from that code base.

• Like 1

highly likely - which would be prudent 

but prior observation shows that the Franchise - while certainly en route, maybe, finally - seems not far enough in franchise-wide modularity, black- and whiteboxing, global systemic functionality for that to not cause issues.

too much ancient baseline functions, first core single thread code, insularity in modules and keylogs -> conflict bug potential

In every new module all axis of all my controllers (rudder, hotas throttle and joystick, diy button and axis box) are binded to some axis by default.

It happend with the mi-24 but binded axis where shown in controller settings.

• Like 1

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

This happens to every new module for me. I always have to go in and unbind stuff. It's a pain.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hi,
I have the same problem. While flying the ATGM training mission the sight automatically goes to the bottom left corner. In controls I haven't found a single line for the sight to have a "slew axis" but that's exactly how it acts. After a while, I found out that my pedals on Saitek rudder pedals control it (the one used for braking on fixed-wing aircraft), and also if I move with my mouse really fast I see some impact.
Because I can't unassign it I can't use the ATGMs which really bugs me out. 

6 hours ago, kengou said:

This happens to every new module for me. I always have to go in and unbind stuff. It's a pain.

Yeah but here you don't have anywhere to unassigne it (otherwise I share the same experience with new modules and my Saitek rudderpedal for flight sims!)

Thanks

Edited by kubajs

PC Specs: i5-4690K (SilentiumPC Fera 2),MSI GTX-1070, MSI GAMING 5 Z97, 4x4Gb DDR3 1866Mhz CL9 Hyper X,ZALMAN 600W, 120Gb SSD, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, 1st 27´ BenQ GL2760 2nd ASUS VH222, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek rudder paddles

Most hours (from most to least) on Mig-21Bis, Ka-50, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000C, A-10C, AJS-37, F-14B, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2 and the rest

There's something wrong somewhere ,it sometimes moves when it shouldn't and doesn't move when it should.

• Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

12 hours ago, kubajs said:

Hi,
I have the same problem. While flying the ATGM training mission the sight automatically goes to the bottom left corner. In controls I haven't found a single line for the sight to have a "slew axis" but that's exactly how it acts. After a while, I found out that my pedals on Saitek rudder pedals control it (the one used for braking on fixed-wing aircraft), and also if I move with my mouse really fast I see some impact.
Because I can't unassign it I can't use the ATGMs which really bugs me out. 

Yeah but here you don't have anywhere to unassigne it (otherwise I share the same experience with new modules and my Saitek rudderpedal for flight sims!)

Thanks

As said above, go to Mi-24 Aiming Sight and remove Joystick, mouse, and rudder axes assignation. After that you can assign what you want to move 9k113 sight.

Edited by clanitho
  • Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

As said above, go to Mi-24 Aiming Sight and remove Joystick, mouse, and rudder axes assignation. After that you can assign what you want to move 9k113 sight.
I have done that. Did it the first time in the training mission. But the sight still moves without input. If it supposed to do this fine, then I at least know.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

There's something wrong in the coding I think, cause when I removed the mouse zoom....the joystick assignment for zoom x3 stopped working all together...I had to re-assign it to mouse to get it to work again(the joystick assignment). I think the axis commands are getting confused...which also makes me wonder how all this is affecting other axis commands???

• Like 1

nv

Edited by Raven434th

Thanks….I was confused because that menu is blank when you first enter it….didn’t realise you have to flick it to Axis…..works now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk