Hate the Mi-24 effect

Recently I have been trying mi-24 thanks to free trial program.

Its texture quality... just amazing. Then I switched back to my beloved mi-8. After I saw hind's texture level, I really want my other choppers (mi-8 and huey) to get this level.

I hope Ed would do that in near future

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Makes sense. The Hind is a new module, where as we've been flying the Hip and the Huey for *years*
I agree, an upgrade to the textures would be nice, and i share your hopes for that, but i doubt it'll happend any time soon

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

I'd prefer if they take a couple of developers and dedicate them to fix the evergrowing list of bigger and smaller bugs and incomplete features affecting the older modules that today are almost abandoned since all the work is to ride the hype for the new stuff, mi-24 included.

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 12

I would hope they bring more of the features and modelling fixes brought forward in Mi-24 to Mi-8, however I understand this is unlikely to happen at least anytime soon.

• The Mi-8 product itself is pretty late in its lifecycle, probably not worth the effort to put resources into its development.
  • It's developed by another studio, there certainly will be handover/copyright issues across different studios.

Still, it won't hurt hoping this would happen.

creator company (BST) was took over by ED years ago. And most likely those guys made the hind also.

so there is no copyright problem. 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Belsimtek (BST) is and always was Eagle Dynamics. They branched out a part of their team to test the 3rd party workflow, forming the Belsimtek team. When the API got much more mature and more 3rd parties got in, they moved the team back into the core team, hence the "merger".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I will be happy when they finally fix the sling loading. Thankfully it's also broken in Hind so it should be on top of the list now.

As for improvements to Hip, I only want to see troops in the cargo compartment. Working rescue winch would be also a nice addition but I doubt it will ever happen.

Edited by Marklar

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Actually, the release of the hind made me appreciate the Hip even more.

In my personal opinion - apart from textures and multi-crew - the Hip is pretty much en par with the hind.

The flight model, the systems - even the platform for a gunship is pretty much top notch.

It really comes down to what I feel like a given day...

I would absolutly love ED to give her a facelift, but I enjoy her nevertheless!

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 hours ago, Hiob said:

Actually, the release of the hind made me appreciate the Hip even more.

In my personal opinion - apart from textures and multi-crew - the Hip is pretty much en par with the hind.

The flight model, the systems - even the platform for a gunship is pretty much top notch.

It really comes down to what I feel like a given day...

I would absolutly love ED to give her a facelift, but I enjoy her nevertheless!

i wonder when some of the Mi-24 developments will show on the Mi-8. like you i enjoy the Mi-8 but it could use a little attention.

uh-1 and hip are  masterpieces. that's why they deserve a face lift

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Youtube

6 minutes ago, ebabil said:

uh-1 and hip are  masterpieces. that's why they deserve a face lift

Absolutely! 

No discredit to your thread and your request for new textures but I still wonder. Are textures really that important to people that already fly a lot in those helos ? 

Yes, I agree that the first time I flew the hip, I was kinda disappointed or at least surprised about the textures, but once I flew the helo and saw all of the systems that were working I was blown away to the point the textures didn't matter even one bit. 

Then I bought the huey and I knew I didn't even need to worry about the textures since I knew they quality of the underlying module was going to be amazing. 

Of course new textures are very welcome and it could give these two modules a well deserved popularity boost. I just find it interesting to see this thread since in my eyes, the textures I saw in the cockpit never even crossed my mind as in me being bothered or even noticing them being old. 

Moral of the story, I just want sling loading to be fixed 😙

• Like 2

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 8:18 AM, notproplayer3 said:

Moral of the story, I just want sling loading to be fixed 😙

Your wish was fullfilled...🤗

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 5 months later...

multicrew sucks for huey. can't use other seats and its fictional ap. ıt would work if we had jester like crew in these choppers imho.

Youtube

multicrew is awesome in the Huey. Played the other night and laid waste with the mini gun while my buddy flew... Having MP in the Mi-8 would be great so you wouldn't have to constantly switch seats to change the active weapon. You have your team mate do it for you. 

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!