Mission 1 - Feedback ***SPOILERS***

26 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Hehe yeah, I just didn't obey orders! 🙂

PPL always do something different with your work than you originally designed. Probably human nature 😉

Yes, and it's probably the hardest part of campaign making. To predict all possible deviations by the player. But it's physically impossible to account for any and all "what if'-s 😄

Edited by Reflected

Sorry for asking in this thread but its relevant to the first mission: I seem to be unable to tune into the carriers tacan. I tired 71 and 74 xray and yankee but i never get proper range or aimuth readings. Tacan makes noise but no data. And i checked the briefing, no tacan channels were specified in there so i assumed the standard 071X. 

What am i doing wrong exactly?

1 minute ago, igrpp said:

Sorry for asking in this thread but its relevant to the first mission: I seem to be unable to tune into the carriers tacan. I tired 71 and 74 xray and yankee but i never get proper range or aimuth readings. Tacan makes noise but no data. And i checked the briefing, no tacan channels were specified in there so i assumed the standard 071X. 

What am i doing wrong exactly?

The proper channels are in the kneeboard. I don't remember exactly which the carrier is right now though, but they all should be there. Are you also sure that it's in T/R mode, and also set to Pilot and not RIO?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

1 minute ago, unlikely_spider said:

The proper channels are in the kneeboard. I don't remember exactly which the carrier is right now though, but they all should be there. Are you also sure that it's in T/R mode, and also set to Pilot and not RIO?

yes, set to T/R and PLT is in charge, thx for telling me to check the kneeboard ill check again

I just finished the mission a few days ago and it was very frustrating at first. I just learned the basics of the F-14 and then struggled really hard with everything. Holding the radius and altitude, flying the CASE III approach. However...it was an excellent training 😄 And a rewarding experience.

Unfortunately I crashed twice on the carrier because I trusted the ACLS...On my second manual attempt I managed to catch a wire.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, igrpp said:

yes, set to T/R and PLT is in charge, thx for telling me to check the kneeboard ill check again

Doubt its still relevant, but i think carriers 59X, all that stuffs in the second image of the briefing too 😉 

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Screen_211125_024859.png

Gosh. I wish I'd remembered how crappy night lighting was in 2.7 before opting to go for the tanker... No visual on the tanker's lights until about 0.2 miles 😱, no lights on the refueling boom like the F18 😭 but thankfully there were NVGs aboard. What was not aboard at that point was fuel. I think I plugged when I had 500lbs left. Definitely a good sea story, the likes of which you find in all those naval aviation books.  Looking forward to mission 2 but ... not right now, I'm an emotional wreck. 😄