TrackIR 5/RTSS question for learned member?

whurst1

When I set fps limit from 60 to 63 in RTSS, TrackIR pans much much smoother and I dont seem to suffer any ill effects, and good latency. Can anyone explain this to me. Ive used TrackIR for years and just came across a thread (cant remember where) that a guy said it was his only way to get really smooth panning, so I tried it, and no stutters. Im amazed. What am I doing?

Thanks

55" HD Samsung, ASUS Z590 ROG Maximus Hero XIII, MSI RTX 4070TI Gaming X Slim 12GB GDDR6X, Intel i5 11600k, Corsair 64 GB RAM

Since the sample rate of the Track IR camera is 120Hz, it stands to reason that the closer you are to running at 120fps the better. Not sure why those 3 frames are giving you such a noticeable improvement, though. Perhaps something to do with breaking the half-framerate barrier? 

Though now looking back at some discussions, it seems that historically the issue was that any framerate between 60 and 120fps would cause stuttering, so folks were locking at 60fps. Interesting!

Edited by Harzach
  • Like 1

dcs_sig.jpg