Double tapping trim resets trim

Picure

@Picure Just to make sure, which trimming mode did you set? If you have a normal spring centering joystick and "default" trimming option set, it would be logical because you send the trim command on a centered stick. But "default" is for FFB sticks, usually you have to go for the 2nd option "spring centered joystick" and use the appropriate method.

Edited by RealDCSpilot

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Seems that all modes requires trim to recenter the joystick.

I was constantly fighting with controls by using a "no-spring & FF" option as I have such a joystick. 

And after every trim it required to center joystick to not cause double input.

Now I fly without trimmer and it works as should. Just move stick where wanted and it stays there.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Not a fan of the double tap thing. Hit it accidently several times (like when "that wasn't enough, just another notch", yeah I can use the hat now as well here)and it wasn't exactly a great experience.

My suggestion if it's not realistic (which I think): Make it an option for those who like it. I mean, it saves them a button.

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

2 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Seems that all modes requires trim to recenter the joystick.

Not here with "default" option and FFB stick. All works as usual, like with the other ED helicopters.

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

8 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

@Picure Just to make sure, which trimming mode did you set? If you have a normal spring centering joystick and "default" trimming option set, it would be logical because you send the trim command on a centered stick. But "default" is for FFB sticks, usually you have to go for the 2nd option "spring centered joystick" and use the appropriate method.

I am on default because I am using a FFB stick. Other modules does not do this when I tap the trim button repeatedly (which is how I like to fly). I really hope they remove this “feature” because it causes me to inadvertently reset trim especially during landings.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

Not here with "default" option and FFB stick. All works as usual, like with the other ED helicopters.

With the default option, a non-centering joystick should do nothing when pressing a trim button.

But the control indicator shows that diamond jumping all over the places based how far you are from the center.

I have seen it even jump from 55-60% position to 90% and on next press to full 100% deflection, without moving joystick at all between.

It is as of FF doesn't report a new centered position, then normal doesn't work.

Okay, maybe this feature is real for the Mi-24? Normally, trimmer reset is a DCS function for the other helicopter modules to clean up an occasional trimming mess. IRL it doesn't exist, but maybe for the Mi-24...(???)

9 hours ago, Fri13 said:

But the control indicator shows that diamond jumping all over the places based how far you are from the center.

Control helper activated? It makes an AI assisting you, based on your inputs. If not, than it's strange...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

Okay, maybe this feature is real for the Mi-24? Normally, trimmer reset is a DCS function for the other helicopter modules to clean up an occasional trimming mess. IRL it doesn't exist, but maybe for the Mi-24...(???)

Why? If in real one doesn't need trim reset as stick is physically right there at corresponding position. Why to deny Mi-8 style trimming where one press button 3-4 times a second in approach etc?

5 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

Control helper activated? It makes an AI assisting you, based on your inputs. If not, than it's strange...

Not activated. All assisting things off.

Next time need to make video of it.

On 6/18/2021 at 2:17 AM, Picure said:

When I double tap trim, it resets the trim to center. Is this a bug or a Mi24 feature?

thanks!

Did you think about "T" key? No, I didnt notice this. New hit of T will add new position of trimms. Reset is Ctrl+T and it works.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Did you think about "T" key? No, I didnt notice this.

It's a fast double tap, like a double klick.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I´m having the same problem. Double click trim button = reset trim forces on FFB joystick. Really annoying in some scenarios.(small/fast corrections or ghost clicking)

On 6/19/2021 at 8:21 AM, RealDCSpilot said:

I´m also curious, is this a module-specific feature or a Mi-24 real thing?

I rater would prefer  mi-8/uh-1 style, with Ctrl-T for resetting the trim as a unique method so I dont accidentally reset trim forces.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:34 PM, Eldur said:

Not a fan of the double tap thing. Hit it accidently several times (like when "that wasn't enough, just another notch", yeah I can use the hat now as well here)and it wasn't exactly a great experience.

My suggestion if it's not realistic (which I think): Make it an option for those who like it. I mean, it saves them a button.

100% Agree, fast small corrections are not rare, at least for me, but are becoming a problem with the mi-24... Also, I have a switch mode button in my joy, so the trim buttons become reset trim button, so I don´t lose any button.
(Don't use reset trim much often, tho, just to reset rudder trim in mi-24 because of yaw autopilot or preset trim on mission start).

+1 for doing double click as an option or remove it completely.
Anyone can make double-clicking bind by software, using their joystick profiler or third party software as joyTokey, joystick Gremling , etc. Let the user have control.

• Like 1

Fly and let fly

3 hours ago, jotaele said:

I´m also curious, is this a module-specific feature or a Mi-24 real thing?

That's not a module feature and not a real world thing, but just a bug. It was confirmed by project lead PilotMi8.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VitMax said:

That's not a module feature and not a real world thing, but just a bug. It was confirmed by project lead PilotMi8.

Big thx ! Vitmax.I´m glad to ear that.
I was hoping it to be a bug, but I was beginning to doubt it.
Hope they fix it in future patches if not the next one.

Edited by jotaele
  • Like 1

Fly and let fly