Hornet Autopilot Not Working

tankaviator

It looks like none of the autopilot options are working for me in the hornet. In the attached track neither the bhold or hhold worked. The indicator for both of them was on so they should have been operational but there was no response. Is this a known bug?

no_autopilot.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this issue after the latest update introducing the Marianas. I don't know how but the autopilot will not engage on balt or ralt and cpl will not work. Hitting the A/P button brings up the appropriate screen on UFC but when one tries to click a button to engage a function nothing happens. Hopefully fixed soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oozler said:

I just got this issue after the latest update introducing the Marianas. I don't know how but the autopilot will not engage on balt or ralt and cpl will not work. Hitting the A/P button brings up the appropriate screen on UFC but when one tries to click a button to engage a function nothing happens. Hopefully fixed soon.

I thought I had that exact issue this morning when I ran the instant action hornet mission on Marianas. Couldn't understand it until I realised that the mission is started on Active Pause so you have to press space bar to release it.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

I noticed the issue then tested it on a couple of missions I have made and fly frequently and it was the same on all. No go. And these are missions I know for a fact it worked. Now, maybe something changed in activating the A/P I am not aware of, but otherwise I am doing exactly what has worked prior without a result.

Ok - problem solved (at least for me). Maybe this will help the OP or someone else. I have the WinWing take-off and combat panels. The last time I was playing DCS and doing cold starts I had left the switch for the INS on ground and it never crossed my mind to check that. I flew the mission I first noticed the issue (Marianas free fly) and when I looked at my left MFD I saw INS DEGO... Bam! Light bulb. I got my INS in the correct settings., relaunched the mission and worked as advertised. 

Autopilot not working? Check your INS is a go 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I just created another simple mission in the Persian gulf  - 1- carrier, 1- f18.  Same situation as Marianas

No TACAN symbol on HSI, there is brg/rng data in the upper left as expected, but no symbol and CRS select does not function as expected. carrier has 70X active.

AP functions are not working.

ATC is not operating.

Note: am am still learning to use mission editor, so I may have missed something, but I think this is about as basic a mission as you could get. Carrier doing 27kts to one WP and one airborne jet.

Track file uploaded

Thanks

Pgulf_noAP.trk