Gun Pipper extremely inaccurate in some cases, may be related to long flights.

MARLAN_

The surprising thing is that we do not have answers, I cannot understand it, we have provided clues, videos and there are several clients who have noticed this error. I would settle for a (seen for review) I ask no more.

• Like 1

I guess the issue is that after dropping JDAMS, the gun crosshair is aligned for "Sea Level". That means for Sea Level it's still correct, but as soon as you attack something higher than sea level, it's not accurate anymore.

However, it seems that ED has not set the priority for finxing bugs of the Hornet and bring it out of early access very high, priority seems to be on Apache and Viper atm...

Edited by Topper81
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After using HARMS in TOO mode on the Nevada map the GUN pipper will not take into account the correct ground elevation and the rounds will land high. If you have a HARM left on the rail you can fix it by selecting then deselecting the HARM pushbutton on the STORES page. If you have no HARMS left you can't clear the error. I will try and get a track file but I have been able to reproduce the bug several times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi, 

if possible please include a short track replay example. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I did a little more testing, the bug only seems to be there when you have the JSOWs loaded with the Harms. With the JSOW powered on and the HARMS loaded switching to guns leave the pipper well below the Line of sight. Boxing and unboxing HARMS with one HARM still on a station can fix the bug. If you don't have any HARMS left boxing and unboxing won't clear the issue. I ran the same mission with CBU-99s loaded and couldn't get the same behavior. Hope the track helps. It was the simplest track I could get.

pipper problem.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
19 hours ago, Ginsu80 said:

Still marked as needing replay despite having replay. Did the replay not work, it was very short and just included the bug.

Hi, as soon as I get time I will check, marked investigating now.

1 hour ago, oldcrusty said:

This bug has been around for a while:  https://forum.dcs.world/topic/297695-ag-gun-after-using-jdam-issue-update/?do=findComment&comment=4936693

The thread above was not the first report on this bug. It's related to using A/G gun after any GPS weapons have been powered up.

Yes maybe related but best to check it. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

confirmed same issue, I will merge the posts and add your track to my dev report. 

thanks