Some comment on the mi24's flight model

Ddg1500

Thought i'm not a real hind pliots, but from some real youtube footage, i could say the hind is more "weighty, heavy" in the actually flight, and it certainly rotate less agile unlike in the game,

there is abundant real footage in youtube

Agree with @JNelson- especially when others with real world experience are saying it is the best FM of them all

- I think some of the real footage might be a result of things like not wanting to stress the airframe too much to avoid reducing operational lifespan which is not something we need to worry about in DCS. I am sure there are things that need tweaking but, as with all DCS modules, they have had experienced Mi-24P pilots heavily engaged in the development process

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

A lot of time in 206 and 500s and love the Huey that I got to fly in when they were still operating at KCAE. I have only flown maybe 30 minutes last night and did a taxi and flopped over. Then I went into hover test into FF trying to get the gear up and fire the guns. Decided it was time to search YT and was amazed at how many "how tos" were already up. That said, Unless there is a POH put there I am not aware of, you can't do a by the numbers check to see if they are close. 

Just in my short run up the valleys and NOE at high speed I found myself smiling. The inertial appears to be believable and even at a stable hover 100ft or so above the runway a slight decrease in coll put me into a quick settle with power and I collapsed the gear. More later but she looks great and the fact I destroyed it 3x in 30 minutes actually means she is a challenge which is what most of us want.

For some of you like me who are learning not to pull back on the stick to far or the Hind will fall out of the sky. This guy gives a great lesson on why that is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zclE250HJFI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals