Sound of the Mi-24

Crash *

Whoever was responsible for the sound of the Mi-24P: You did a great job!

I feel very powerful in this magnificent, brutal machine. And I owe that above all to this powerful, impressive soundscape.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I agree, the flypast sound is epic, turn it up for effect.

• Like 2

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

I was generally dissapointed by the sounds in DCS but I totally agree, the already available sounds of the Mi-24P module are just perfect!

The engines and rotors sounds are amazing ! It's the first time that I regularly push on the F3 button when flying.
It is also the first time that I will not look for a patch correcting the original sound.
I'm already looking forward to the new improvements...

Great work gents!  

• Thanks 1

Agree.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

i feel like i'm hearing some artifacts on my right ear all the time... not sure if it's coming from the rotors or what.

it's almost like something is clicking every now and then.

do you have clean sound?

headphones are the 250ohm DT 990 PRO from Beyerdynamic.

I adore how the hind sounds.

I've also noticed the noise of the helicopter engines and apu is one of the best damage indicators you can have.  Any change in that noise while in flight is a very bad sign

Edited by sublime