RAF Hospital Akrotiri and Bloodhound Missile Site SW of RAF Episkopi

crazyeddie

There is a modern RAF Hospital complex at Cape Zevgari,  not the industrial type buildings shown, and the Bloodhound Missile Site at Paramali to the SW of Episkopi has large fuel tanks on the old missile launch pads, all that is there now are the old launch pads, no fuel tanks.

2 very minor criticisms of what is now my favourite map, super job boys.  👍👍👍

feature-hospital-thePrincessMargaretHospital.jpg

Screen_210618_131333.png

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2

Come ooon!  )))

I think it is incorrect to talk about such minor things, it wasn't said that it will be 100% identical to real. In such case I can say that my house is not shown in Limassol, and roads are not correct ))))

MSI X570, Ryzen 7 5800x, 32 Gb DDR4 3600, MSI RTX 3090, 1Tb SSD Samsung Evo 970(DCS), 500 GB SSD(Win10Pro)

Modules: F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-16C|M-2000C|Yak-52|BF109K4|Fw190A8|Fw190D9|FC3|Supercarrier

Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria|Channel

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gadich:

Come ooon!  )))

I think it is incorrect to talk about such minor things, it wasn't said that it will be 100% identical to real. In such case I can say that my house is not shown in Limassol, and roads are not correct ))))

Nobody expects Ugra Media that they implement all streets and every house correctly.
BUT at least at the "important" infrastructure facilities or important places with corresponding events 
(e.g. Raqqa etc.) you can expect Ugra Media to work more precisely.
If you are of the opinion that hotel facilities or bathing facilities have to be recreated in great detail, 
which in my opinion is nonsense then you can also do it at military bases, hospitals, etc. 

4 hours ago, Gadich said:

Come ooon!  )))

I'm pretty sure Aphrodites rock is also missing, and I wouldn't class that as minor 😉

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

26 минут назад, Oban сказал:

I'm pretty sure Aphrodites rock is also missing, and I wouldn't class that as minor

Yes, it is missing. But White Stones are very similar to real. In Limassol you can find Oval and MyMall ))))

• Like 1

MSI X570, Ryzen 7 5800x, 32 Gb DDR4 3600, MSI RTX 3090, 1Tb SSD Samsung Evo 970(DCS), 500 GB SSD(Win10Pro)

Modules: F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-16C|M-2000C|Yak-52|BF109K4|Fw190A8|Fw190D9|FC3|Supercarrier

On 6/18/2021 at 2:54 PM, crazyeddie said:

There is a modern RAF Hospital complex at Cape Zevgari,  not the industrial type buildings shown, and the Bloodhound Missile Site at Paramali to the SW of Episkopi has large fuel tanks on the old missile launch pads, all that is there now are the old launch pads, no fuel tanks.

2 very minor criticisms of what is now my favourite map, super job boys.  👍👍👍

I agree on this one. All huge landmark buildings should be there. And not just on Cyprus, but all around the map.

I haven't spend a lot of time on the map but was actually surprised to see a lot of real life landmarks. Even my home town between Larnaca and Ayia Napa was present and quite accurate as well 🙂 

But, there are still some missing.

E.g. Nicosia walls

The Venetian Walls of Nicosia | Cyprus Island

Venetian Walls | Nicosia (Lefkosia), Cyprus Attractions - Lonely Planet

• A lot of football fields are missing, but at least 2-3 large ones should be added.
  • Nicosia old airport, even though it's not used right now, it should be added as a real airport to simulate other scenarios. 
  • The elevation map is still quite "soft" in my opinion. There are areas that look somewhat weird because the elevation is not quite there yet.
  • Larnaca Airport hangar missing
  • image.png
  • Lastly, some military hangars in Pafos airport are quite inaccurate.

I won't comment on the north side of the island since I've never been there.

Hopefully Ugra still has plans for more improvements. They have done an outstanding job so far and despite of the quirks here and there, it's certainly more than we ever asked for. Cyprus could very well be a map of it's own if it didn't had such a close proximity to Syria.

Edited by Andreas - VF-14 Napa
  • Like 3

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

To complete the list above i'm adding these:

-Stavrovouni is also missing (important landmark for anyone who flies VFR in Cyprus)

-Paphos and Larnaca castles are missing

-A lot of villages that are VERY important for Navigation are missing.

-Apostolos Andreas monastery is missing in the north-east tip.

-Kykkos monastery is also missing iirc

-Cyprus expo is missing - not important but it will make Nicosia seem less empty. 

-Hala sultan mosque in Larnaca is also missing. 

-Nicosia mall near Nicosia airport is missing

Some inaccuracies i spotted:

-Trees at the left side of rwy 22 in Larnaca should be removed since there are no trees there.

-Lakatameia AB doesn't have rwy lights in real life

- there are no UN checkpoint in Larnaca-Nicosia highway irl.

- Various roads have issues that can make mission creation a pain for someone who wants to make a realistic mission using real army camps.

These are the things i found that make the map somewhat inaccurate. Still doesn't make the map any less enjoyable. If ugra adds those things and fix those inaccuracies it will transform the map from very good, to perfect.

Edited by trelos57
  • Like 2

It seems that Cyprus map was created for the year ~2000 max 2010, not 2020.

5 hours ago, Gadich said:

Nah, i dont think so, Kings avenue mall was built not so long ago, 5-6 years.

Also larnaca has the new terminal in the airport. And the foundations for the "skyscraper" in Nicosia were laid down 3-4 years ago.

7 hours ago, Gadich said:

Also the 360 skyscraper right in the middle of Nicosia was constructed a couple of years ago. The map is 2020. We are just pointing out a few more things. If they decide to add them, it will only make it better, if they don't, it won't make that much of a difference, it's still quite amazing.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

@trelos57, @Andreas - VF-14 Napa

Yeah you are right. I said about earlier years, because in Limassol there is no Molos at all, but you can see Oval and Olympic Residence