14 unable to track 16s on radar

Kula66

Just doing some testing in MP to confirm what bandits can see 54 launches, and something else cropped up: I was in a 14, with Jester at 40k' and I had a 16 on my nose, co-alt. I could see it using D/L, but not on RWS or TWS ... not at all, even when I could see it visually. I could see my 54s on radar as they launched and climbed away, sometimes as high as 70k'. I didn't alter the radar elevation, or anything else.

I was flying a TACT mission; the only change was to allow external views and F10.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by Kula66

• Kula66 changed the title to 14 unable to track 16s on radar

Not something I've ever used (I only ever fly with Jester) ... is that a new 'feature'?  I think it unlikely ... I've not had the issue before, and we were both at M1.0ish, all very standard stuff.

I then jumped onto GS and couldn't reproduce it.

I know this 'report' is not enough to go on, so I guess it was just one of those things.

Edited by Kula66

11 hours ago, Kula66 said:

I know this 'report' is not enough to go on, so I guess it was just one of those things.

Likely, but if you spot it again, please let us know. Thank you.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Ok, happened again on a different server and different test mission. I was flying toward a 16 and 18 and firing 54s (I had to mad dog them, hence the switch is up) to see if he could track them. I could see my 54s on TID in RWS, but not either of the bandits. We were roughly co-alt at ranges from 80 miles.

I appreciate that you won't be able to see anything from the TID view! RWS or TWS didn't make a difference.

UPDATE: For info, it was happening to another 14 player before I joined.

Screen_210619_132419.png

Screen_210619_132417.png

Edited by Kula66

Jester and closure may have been high, I'm honestly not sure. I'm typically at M1.4 ish before missile launch (a little fast I imagine) at 30k+ ft

However, I have had this issue flying at M0.9+. Unsure on target speed unfortunately. 

Edited by ReqoTizxR

We can confirm this as well. But, it seems to be 1200 knots. Anything more than 1200knots closure speed, there's no radar return in TWS, once slowed down to below 1200, the return is back. Tested with an air started F14B, human RIO, opponent was human F16, but it's the same with an F18 as well. Attaching the track files of both the pilot and RIO. PS: This happens only with TWS. Pulse works fine.

Pilot.trk RIO.trk

Edited by 15Pops

8小时前,Kula66说:

Awaiting a response from HB, but this may be related to a recent change 'Fixed RIO aspect switch affecting only DDD, it now affects target tracking, too.'

Correct, aspect switch will impact target track. HB tester here.

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

Tracked. We need to teach Jester some clickedy-click. Menu commands are unfortunately a PITA, but if it takes longer, we might set the TA switch to head on as default, which gives 1800kts.

PS: there is no lock in either TWS nor RWS.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I kind of reported this a while back in form of a question if too much closure is a bad thing, as i noticed during some Instant Action missions, that i lose tracks when i fire missiles with too closure rates being too high (like scrambles and intercepts), which resulted in me dropping to high subsonic during most missile shots.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache