Proud new Hind owner- Thanks to ED (and request)

Hook47

I got a chance to sit in a foreign militaries Hind many years ago while I was TDY in the U.S. Army. From that moment I was in love with this machine... 

After returning from Afghanistan in 2014 I remember seeing something about (Belsimtech) planned development of an MI 24. It has been a long wait, but absolutely worth it. 

As a rated rotary pilot I find the Hinds flight model to be very believable, and consistent with what I was told by actual Hind pilots. The bird is just so different from the other choppers in DCS and I love it. You can tell ED put a lot of love into this bird, and I am truly grateful! 

My only request is to give the Hind the ability to start on ship decks. I know the Hind is capable of shipboard landing in real life, and the MI 8 has had that capibility added, so I'd love to see the Hind get it as well. It's a fairly easy mod, but I prefer to fly DCS with few to no mods whenever possible! 

Thanks again for this awesome product. I hope it sells like it is going out of style! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We'll be sure to send me a screenshot 🙂

I don't doubt it's possible.  I do doubt it's possible for me right now (haha)

she's stable when I'm moving and up.  Slow and trying to land?  Stable isn't a word I'd use.  My movements look more like variations of drunkenness to me.  Ofc that's me more than the hind I think

3 hours ago, Hook47 said:

Thanks again for this awesome product. I hope it sells like it is going out of style! 

So cool having professional military pilots on this forum.  61K views for the Wags cold start video.  If say, half intend to buy the product in year one that's 30K times $50, or $1,500,000.  And maybe in subsequent years sales will climb to $3M.  Sounds like a lot of money but as you say development could have been 7+ years.  ED are really aiming for the fences, I wish them tons of success.

I've had the Viper for only 4 months, making steady progress.  I was a little irritated to switch to a new module.  But I had to make the Hind a day 1 buy.  ED put a lot of effort into it, I didn't want to appear ungrateful.

HORNET/VIPER/HARRIER/SABRE/FISHBED/FROGFOOT/HOKUM/HIND/JUG/ISHAK

Yes a superb module at release and with more to come.

The FM feels great!

At Hover it has a much better wheels light than the MI-8.

Does it struggle to climb at high altitude in the Mountains?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

6 hours ago, sublime said:

she's stable when I'm moving and up.  Slow and trying to land?  Stable isn't a word I'd use.  My movements look more like variations of drunkenness to me.  Ofc that's me more than the hind I think

I can do better, I'll upload a deck landing video for ya here in the next day or so. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sublime said:

Screen_210618_212051.png

14 hours ago, sublime said:

Screen_210618_212106.png

Screen_210618_212140.png

Edited by Porkie
added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Porkie said:

Screen_210618_212051.png

Screen_210618_212106.png

Screen_210618_212140.png

Hoo shit!!  Goddamn man I need to get some lessons from you!  

Question - is their a burble for helos?

PS you should add this in screens on the main thread man!  You're probably one of the very first ppl to land that on a frigate

Edited by sublime

21 minutes ago, sublime said:

Hoo shit!!  Goddamn man I need to get some lessons from you!  

Question - is their a burble for helos?

PS you should add this in screens on the main thread man!  You're probably one of the very first ppl to land that on a frigate

it took me about 4 hours to get it on there. and i sorta cheated cause the ship is moving at about 10knts.

the carrier was actually alot easier, never noticed the burble.

landing on ships especially the carrier or tarawa is easier cause you can start by doing running landings and then slow your landings down each time till you bascially end in a hover, but its not really a hover cause the ship is moving at 10knts.

The ship moving makes it harder IME with the huey.

Very damn impressive that you landed her. I'm getting where I can do sorta hover landings without dying.  However the accuracy is about the same as ww2 level bombing accuracy - success if I'm within a mile! 😄

There's a couple good variety scenarios to play.  FARP Hollywood (Caucauses) and the same guys thing for Syria allow a good choice of targets and you obviously can just fly around.

If you havent tried dce campaigns I really am a big fan and it gives combat missions.

I know many people are very strict and wanna learn and master the helo before combat.

For me since it's not real life I throw combat in while I'm learning anyways. Nothing like some combat missions to make you learn 😄

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 6:45 AM, Hook47 said:

I got a chance to sit in a foreign militaries Hind many years ago while I was TDY in the U.S. Army. From that moment I was in love with this machine... 

After returning from Afghanistan in 2014 I remember seeing something about (Belsimtech) planned development of an MI 24. It has been a long wait, but absolutely worth it. 

As a rated rotary pilot I find the Hinds flight model to be very believable, and consistent with what I was told by actual Hind pilots. The bird is just so different from the other choppers in DCS and I love it. You can tell ED put a lot of love into this bird, and I am truly grateful! 

My only request is to give the Hind the ability to start on ship decks. I know the Hind is capable of shipboard landing in real life, and the MI 8 has had that capibility added, so I'd love to see the Hind get it as well. It's a fairly easy mod, but I prefer to fly DCS with few to no mods whenever possible! 

I know I'm late to the party, but I got the Hind a couple weeks ago and have been flying it non stop. What a great module, perfect for re-creating historic and current Russian operations in the maps we have. Thanks ED and great job. 😎

• Like 2

Hi@all,

Although we were informed early on by ED that the Mi-24 & AH-64 Apache would be available, it was clear to me from the start that I wanted the Mi-24 in any case. As much as I think the Apache is great: It doesn't come close to the Mi-24. And I don't mean avionics by that. Of course, Apache is superior here. But that's exactly what scares me from adding Apache as a module in DCS. I like the 'Russian' simplicity better. I'll wait and see how Apache develops in DCS. If it can be controlled just as smart as a single player like the Mi-24, I might hit a sale sometime ... Until then, I'll be enjoying the Mi. In addition, the Mi-24 simply has its very own charm. Only the sound caused by the Mi sounds 'brutal'. I also find it unbeatable how versatile the machine is. And not to mention the armament ... I'm glad and grateful that we have the Mi-24 in DCS!

I just wanted to get rid of that here ...! 🙂

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Must agree about the Hind! It is my all time favorite chopper since I was a kid. And seeing one hover above me for the first time at a new pilot cadet ceremony back in the middle/late 90s...i was hooked. It looks intimidating just parked on the field, but when it's airborne...now that's a sight to behold.

ED absolutely did an outstanding virtual model and I have been enjoying it since release. The Apache, although very capable and potent, just doesn't have that infamous X factor for me.

Yup Hind is now my favorite module in dcs,  you can feel how much detail and love has gone into it just by flying it.  I played miles laser tag with the hind in JRTC couple times in my military career and was alway just in Aw when that thing flew at Mach chicken down low over our heads.  Been around and operated with all us heli’s and nothing comes close to the Hind for me.  ED did such a great job you are flying this thing not some computer.  Apache what?  No thanks Hind is where it’s at, now let’s get some sweet Syria campaigns and smack ISIS 

• Like 1

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S