ATGM camera wildly misaligned? Battle Damage, Bug, AI conflict?

Raven434th

after doing a first attack, the atgm site goes out of register, it won't face forward towards the target, it can be offset by as much as 45°.making it impossible for a re-attack

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

I´m not sure if it´s implementet yet.

But the sight gyros can be damaged by aggressive flying with the gyros uncaged.

When Using the sight (or Petrovich using it) do not make any violent maneuvering.

Before doing so - turn off the "Observ" switch for the sight.

For Petrovitch to cage the gyros press "S" (or Mi-24_AI-Helper Down) to make him unselect his target at cage the gyro.

Edited by fjacobsen
  • Like 4

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

The camera is tilted at 45 degrees. The Chopper is upright.
Full left camera, starts at 30 degrees RIGHT.

The Camera Cone doesnt seem right.

The slew and scroll is funky, doesnt go where i want it.  Didnt want to slew downward.

In these images you can see the rock formation.  This means the Camera field of view is somewhere centered around 90 degrees, and potato shaped?

Anyone?

Screen_210618_084543.png

Screen_210618_084427.png

Screen_210618_084640.png

I thought this was done auto . if you ask  Petrovych to search and find targets . And choose from list . ? 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

10 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

I´m not sure if it´s implementet yet.

But the sight gyros can be damaged by aggressive flying with the gyros uncaged.

When Using the sight (or Petrovich using it) do not make any violent maneuvering.

Before doing so - turn off the "Observ" switch for the sight.

For Petrovitch to cage the gyros press "S" (or Mi-24_AI-Helper Down) to make him unselect his target at cage the gyro.

thank you for your answer it helps.

The sight has been damaged. You have to close the sight doors before making big maneuvers more than 60 degrees left or right. If you dont close the sight doors before making these maneuvers, the sight will be wrecked and you will need to repair your aircraft. To close the sight doors with Petrovich is short down. Sight door keybind name is Observe.

I just came out of a long seesion with a human Petrovic and he flicked the OBSERVE switch down every time before I made a turn. We still managed to damage the sight in some cases.

Do you have to wait some time after closing the sight doors? Or are high G turns a no-go in the Hind even with closed doors?

• 1 year later...

I'm also experiencing this and would like to know what happens. I try to tell Petro to close the doors after every shot but still after a little evasive manouver the periscope view is messed up apparently forever.
I'm actually surprised I don't see many more posts about this matter but maybe it's just me driving this helo too abruptly. : )

Hi,
the problem encountered is definitely the one described in the post you linked. Thanks for the reply!
Among other things it is also explained in the FAQ ... Sorry I should have read better.
I would just like to add that a disturbing aspect is that sometimes Petro gets stuck in a kind of loop and constantly opens and closes the doors of the periscope. This causes loss of alignment even in situations where it is assumed that OBSERVE is off.

P.s. The module is truly exceptional. Not that I expected otherwise from ED