Need a status indicator for countermeasures

Topgun505

It would be nice if there could be a window we could activate as needed to see the status of the switches on the countermeasures panel so that if we are in a multiplayer server and do not have a human gunner, that we can see the series, interval, power settings of the left and right launcher, and which Set is currently active.  

• Like 5

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

On 6/19/2021 at 12:52 AM, iLOVEwindmills said:

Imo the AI gunner should be automatically taking care of this, it makes much more sense for him to monitor that then for the pilot.

On 6/19/2021 at 12:34 AM, Nealius said:

+1. When flying online solo, there's no way to check if left/right banks are on/off, which channel is selected, and if the system is up and armed. 

On 6/19/2021 at 12:25 AM, Topgun505 said:

It would be nice if there could be a window we could activate as needed to see the status of the switches on the countermeasures panel so that if we are in a multiplayer server and do not have a human gunner, that we can see the series, interval, power settings of the left and right launcher, and which Set is currently active.  

you can glitch the camera into the front seat and check 

wind mills yes the ai gunner should take care of it but this is DCS so

On 6/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, iLOVEwindmills said:

Imo the AI gunner should be automatically taking care of this, it makes much more sense for him to monitor that then for the pilot.

How would he determine which program/interval/series to use? IMO this needs to be determined by a human, not AI who don't even know the mission goals & tactics

OP +1000 it's crucial in MP!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Pop-up box like the AI controls in Hip etc. or could be a nice addition to the Petro sight for the pilot, 2 small green or red dot indicators beneath reticle or something indicating L&R armed or not and what bank with number either side for interval etc.

Seems like it would be more useful than big boxes with your azimuth/angle from cockpit etc - I mean if you don't know you are looking out the left side of the helicopter 80 degrees and down a bit...you probably shouldn't be trying to fly it at all? (Possible to just get an indicator light displaying Petro ROE instead?)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since the Petrovich commands for the pilot are minimal, could they be assigned to Left Short/Long? and since Right short is only used to accept target...so that one could be used.

with feedback stating the selection

• Like 1

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

It could be show in kneeboard 1th page.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro