Thoughts so far…

Grievo

Flight: She's fast,  climbs well and is very stable in gun and rocket attacks. Hovering attacks are not possible due to how high the nose must be in order to hover. VRS is a concern like with the Mi-8. Agility is good, being slightly worse than the Mi-8 but vastly superior to the UH-1. Overall handling excellent.

Weapons: Limited selection at the moment but they work.

Stuff: 2 training missions are included, a cold start tutorial and ATGM tutorial. They do what they are supposed to. Quick start guide is bare bones and lacks even a mention of countermeasures and radios.

Graphics and Sound: Both are excellent, though most people (me included) see a significant drop in FPS compared to most other aircraft when in the cockpit.

Petro: He's a truly lousy pilot but a satisfactory missile guider. His aim when flying straight at a target is good as long as the aircraft is steady. Angled shots and maneuvering throw him off easily.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

45 minutes ago, BeastyBaiter said:

Flight: She's fast,  climbs well and is very stable in gun and rocket attacks. Hovering attacks are not possible due to how high the nose must be in order to hover. VRS is a concern like with the Mi-8. Agility is good, being slightly worse than the Mi-8 but vastly superior to the UH-1. Overall handling excellent.

Weapons: Limited selection at the moment but they work.

Stuff: 2 training missions are included, a cold start tutorial and ATGM tutorial. They do what they are supposed to. Quick start guide is bare bones and lacks even a mention of countermeasures and radios.

Graphics and Sound: Both are excellent, though most people (me included) see a significant drop in FPS compared to most other aircraft when in the cockpit.

Petro: He's a truly lousy pilot but a satisfactory missile guider. His aim when flying straight at a target is good as long as the aircraft is steady. Angled shots and maneuvering throw him off easily.

pretty much agree with all of that. 

I think the FM is fantastic, and for me is very believable for a hind. Very fast and stable, but take liberties or get too jam fisted and she’ll bite you.

I haven’t even attempted hovering ATGM attacks, but very impressed with the aircraft as a stable gun and rocket platform. The weapons system is reasonably intuitive, and Petrovich is about perfectly imagined for what I want out of him, which Is a moderately competent AI front seater. 

on the stuff side, the two training missions are adequate, but Wags YouTube videos have been a godsend too. Not too concerned about this though as I’m confident ED will fill this out nicely before the module is out of early access. 

overall, love the module and think ED has done an amazing job, and it’s not even finished yet! 

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

57 minutes ago, BeastyBaiter said:

Agility is good, being slightly worse than the Mi-8 but vastly superior to the UH-1.

you triggered me with that 🙂

having a single engine and 1/3 the weight the huey is more agile than either.

the only thing it loses out on is top speed. which has nothing to do with agility.

in fact you usually give up agility to obtain a faster top speed.

mi-24 faster and less agile than an mi-8..

the huey is slower and more agile than an mi-8.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

A very fast and smooth performer, with or without APs.

The wings reduce roll rate quite a bit at speed.... which is very nice to see.

Without the Jetseat vibration, I have dropped into VRS twice whilst trying flare stops, it is weird flying a chopper without vibration feedback..

I have not used any weapons yet.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.