Weight affect on model with or without full loadout

Maverick24

Hello,

I noticed that if I load some kind of load, it has not enough effect on model - gear especially. Here are some pictures:

Without any load:

Without load.jpg

With full load (MTOW is 11.500, here is 13.089):

Sim Load.jpg

Real look with some kind of full load:

Hind Load.jpg

Even in the sim is noticable that helicopter is some kind of nearly floating over ground, or touch ground only the edge of wheels and wheel tires are not affected by a model weight. I just comparing with Hip, where are wheels and dampers affected. 

Thank you for checking

Jiri

That third pic is horribly photoshopped, that loadout is flat-out impossible on the Hind and the tires looks like they're flat, not to mention a myriad other problems I can see. Get a real photo, not a crappy 'shop job.

I assume stores weight affecting gear is WIP, we're still quite early in development.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 2

Theres a bit of picture in that Photoshop...

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

• ED Team

Hi, 

The team have modelled this, I will ask them to review, please note the images you compare against are not the older Mi-24P which we have modelled. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

The team have modelled this, I will ask them to review, please note the images you compare against are not the older Mi-24P which we have modelled. 

thanks

Thank you for checking. Yes, it is old V and new M or PM witch I dont think there is much difference. I understand, but I dont have an actual pictures. Technicians will not load helicopter just for one picture or my sad eyes to prove my point :). 

But if you compare load with Mi-8 model in DCS, there is a difference in tires and dumpers.

Thank you

Yes, the poise of the Hind and load on the gear isn't right; I have books with pictures of the Hind and (it is a heavy helo) the gear and tyres look loaded even when it isn't fully loaded ready for flight. Your above pics and my external views show a helo that's on the point of getting airborne with no weight on the gear.

I think the 'grip' effect on the wheels (more so at rear) isn't quite modelled right yet, it feels too skittish to me.

Still, not biggies but be better if they can be addressed at some point.

Great job ED on it so far BTW!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos