CPU-integrated graphics and DCS

Hey folks,

sold my RTX 2070 for nice cash (can't resist because of exploded GPU-prizes) an tried die CPU-integrated graphics unit of my Intel i5-11600K in 1080p.

What should I say! Settings to low and I've got stable 15-18 fps! 😲

What crappy graphics engine must be used in DCS that this lousy onboard GPU is able to deliver such fps?

What massive GPU-power is wasted on potent dedicated graphic cards? It's frightening! 🤬

@ED: It's time to bring massive improvements and ability to use the features of current and future hardware!

Greetings,

Flummi

Edited by Flummi

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

Good time to sell. Eth2 and the Chinese bailing on mining as a result of the former hopefully means we'll see the price of GPUs come back to a more "sensible price". It already appears to be happening on "scalpers heaven" (eBay).

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

14 hours ago, Flummi said:

Hey folks,

sold my RTX 2070 for nice cash (can't resist because of exploded GPU-prizes) an tried die CPU-integrated graphics unit of my Intel i5-11600K in 1080p.

What should I say! Settings to low and I've got stable 15-18 fps! 😲

What crappy graphics engine must be used in DCS that this lousy onboard GPU is able to deliver such fps?

What massive GPU-power is wasted on potent dedicated graphic cards? It's frightening! 🤬

@ED: It's time to bring massive improvements and ability to use the features of current and future hardware!

You just got greedy and now have to sit on blisters.

CPU-integrated graphics are just there for those who don't need "special" graphics. It's mainly for displaying statics (Excel, Word... you know... office crap).

So don't blame ED.

And, you can always do a little effort and write a new graphics engine and offer it to ED. With that income you can then buy a decent graphics card again.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!