Parking Brake and Syria Map

Hello everyone, 

is it just me or is anyone else experiencing problems with the parking (emergency) brake and the Syria map?! If I start the engines, the aircraft starts to move forward even if the parking brake is applied. The toe brakes are working and the aircraft stops or is held in place during alignment. Of course are the throttles in idle position. 

thanks and cheers 

Hello everyone, 

is it just me or is anyone else experiencing problems with the parking (emergency) brake and the Syria map?! If I start the engines, the aircraft starts to move forward even if the parking brake is applied. The toe brakes are working and the aircraft stops or is held in place during alignment. Of course are the throttles in idle position. 

thanks and cheers 

Just did a few training runs starting cold & dark, it didn’t move with parking brake on… could it be a hardware issue? Throttle quadrant miscalibrated maybe?
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 4:10 PM, nima2014 said:

Hello everyone, 

thanks and cheers 

Syria has some ramps with a pretty noticeable slope (Ramat David for one has a whole runway that's tilted.  Add a little idle thrust and you can get rolling accidentally.

• Like 1

This:

On 6/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, Snoopy said:

A-10 doesn’t have a parking break.  The emergency break handle simply changes from one hydraulic system to another and has an emergency accumulator bottle if all hydro pressure is lost.

And this:

On 6/21/2021 at 2:33 AM, jaylw314 said:

Syria has some ramps with a pretty noticeable slope (Ramat David for one has a whole runway that's tilted.  Add a little idle thrust and you can get rolling accidentally.

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

I also noticed this... And found a workaround. 

I use the thrustmaster warthog and have the brake axis bound to my rudder pedals but also to the little friction lever on the warthog. When i do my startup I simply put the lever full forward, the hog is now on kind of parking brake, but I dont have to hold the pedals. 

Chocks would be a nice feature for the warthog. 

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:17 AM, silverdevil said:

if i see the plane moving, i press the brakes. not really a workaround but surely what should be done if one wanted to stop moving 😉

I just stand on the brakes during a cold start.  You don't want the plane rolling during EGI startup 🙂

A-10 doesn’t have a parking break.  The emergency break handle simply changes from one hydraulic system to another and has an emergency accumulator bottle if all hydro pressure is lost.
/wave

^this.. Never seen the Hawg jump chalks..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2