stage 1 trigger in any mode causes A10 like gun stabilization [solved - FSSB setting issue]

Jestr

DCS 2.7.2.7910.1 Open Beta

Pulling stage one trigger in any master mode seems to trigger what appears to be something like the A10 gun stabilization. This has quite negative consequences during say BFM, when the FLCS gains appeared to be halved, or when you´re just trying to fly an orbit and manually lasing.

The gun compensation on the F16 should only activate when firing and should not have any effect on the FLCS gains.

According to the -1:

GUN COMPENSATION
The FLCS automatically compensates for the off-center gun and the aerodynamic effects of gun gas emissions during firing by moving the flaperons and rudder. Gun compensation is optimized for 0.7-0.9 mach range; therefore, all excursions may not be eliminated. For example, gunfiring at low mach
may result in nose left excursions while nose right excursions are likely at higher mach. Failure monitoring of gun compensation circuits is not provided and there are no caution light indications for incorrect compensation.

To reproduce - instant action - freeflight - any theater. Initiate a turn either to the left or right at a set G ( for example 5G) and hold. Pull trigger to 1st detent while holding same force on the stick.

Expected behaviour: G remains constant.

Actual behaviour: G is ~halved - roll input it less sensitive  ( feels like landing gains ).

Here is the track:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eC3Kb8NSzLjj2CgS-msdFbG_mD3l692r/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Jestr
solved

I don't get the same behavior. Whatever is changing your flight controls is way more dramatic than the gun compensation. When I enable the rctl-enter control display I see that your stick deflections are approximately halving during the unloads. Why it seems to be tied to pulling the half stage trigger button on your device I don't know. Maybe your joystick button is bound to something else or perhaps even a severed wire in your device having a grounding fault?

I can take over in the middle of your track and use trigger half and trigger full without any of the effects you are seeing.

• ED Team

all seems ok here also, I am not sure what to suggest. 

Check you are not using game flight or game avionics just in case. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Are you using a FSSB base by chance?   If you are... Check the HID software and make sure you do not have a box marked "precision mode" checked.   I had the same issue and this corrected it.   

On 6/19/2021 at 4:08 AM, Jestr said:

DCS 2.7.2.7910.1 Open Beta

Pulling stage one trigger in any master mode seems to trigger what appears to be something like the A10 gun stabilization. This has quite negative consequences during say BFM, when the FLCS gains appeared to be halved, or when you´re just trying to fly an orbit and manually lasing.

The gun compensation on the F16 should only activate when firing and should not have any effect on the FLCS gains.

According to the -1:

GUN COMPENSATION
The FLCS automatically compensates for the off-center gun and the aerodynamic effects of gun gas emissions during firing by moving the flaperons and rudder. Gun compensation is optimized for 0.7-0.9 mach range; therefore, all excursions may not be eliminated. For example, gunfiring at low mach
may result in nose left excursions while nose right excursions are likely at higher mach. Failure monitoring of gun compensation circuits is not provided and there are no caution light indications for incorrect compensation.

To reproduce - instant action - freeflight - any theater. Initiate a turn either to the left or right at a set G ( for example 5G) and hold. Pull trigger to 1st detent while holding same force on the stick.

Expected behaviour: G remains constant.

Actual behaviour: G is ~halved - roll input it less sensitive  ( feels like landing gains ).

Here is the track:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eC3Kb8NSzLjj2CgS-msdFbG_mD3l692r/view?usp=sharing

45 minutes ago, Smoked said:

Are you using a FSSB base by chance?   If you are... Check the HID software and make sure you do not have a box marked "precision mode" checked.   I had the same issue and this corrected it.   

Good call! 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• Jestr changed the title to stage 1 trigger in any mode causes A10 like gun stabilization [solved - FSSB setting issue]
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic