CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

Hi All,

I posed a question on as another thread to try and ascertain the lead times people have been experiencing in 2021 for orders they have placed for the CubeSim screens for the TM Cougars. Part of my question was truthful, and another part was not. What I am about to write is to try and inform you of a situation, that 'might' be occurring in the provision of these screens

Someone purchased these screens for me last Christmas (2020) and they arrived early 2021 (January). After an period on Life Support in hospital, I returned home in February and was eager to try my screens. Fired them both up, and clearly there was an issue with one of them, in that half the display was missing, it would not display the top half of the screen.

I immediately contacted CubeSim, Garfield, and informed him of this, I sent him all the photo's he requested, and he/technical team, confirmed that the screen was faulty, and that a new one would be shipped to me. Fast forward a couple of three weeks, still no sign of screen, then, over the next few weeks, the responses were, stock held in customs, should be with us end of March, waited, nothing, then it was end of April, waited nothing, then it was end of May, waited, nothing. Now approaching end of June, and nothing. He will not ever respond to my E-mails now.

All I want is what was paid for, and I feel that I have been exceptionally patient, and I am getting nowhere. I have been in touch with him so much this year, and always it end of whatever the current month is, and assurances that my replacement will be the next to be shipped. I even got the standard reply saying they had start work again, and still I have nothing. I will make all the E-Mail thread back and forth available to anyone, where you can see that I have not been confrontational with him at all, although the tones of my E-Mails are becoming more frustrated

Anyway, just a heads up for you all as to my situation and where you 'could' end up

Toni Carrera

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I hear you, I placed an order in March and still nothing!

Keeps saying he is waiting for parts wish I never placed the order.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

FYI there is a facebook group where they are making updates on the supplier issues. I suspect what is going on here is a one man band trying to scale up his business.

I think these were more popular than maybe he anticipated, then you get a supply hiccup and it goes a bit haywire.

I too am waiting on an order from April but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as he has always been prompt to respond.

I have some experience here from when a collectibles place I shopped with started doing the shonky on everyone (not that I think this guy is).

For a visa dispute you have 180 days from the date they last promised you it would be delivered, so if there's any public update or email that says "I'll ship them to you by July 1" then you have 180 days from there to do the charge back with visa.

Given I have comms that put me well within that time frame I'm happy to be patient, I dont have the time in my life to fiddle around and make this work myself so hoping for the convenience here...

I had a bit of wait for my UPC (A-10) without any update emails from the company at least Cubesim have responded.

it was a shot in the dark when I placed the order so I'll see what happends.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Hi All,

Just as an honest update, Garfield of CubeSim informs me that he has just sent me my Warranty replacement with an associated FedEx Tracking Number

Very much hoping it arrives intact and working

Just an update to you all

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Hope you get it.

Sorry GhastlyTT, , forgot to update. I did get the replacement at the end of last week, and run a very quick power up and connection to Windows 10 which appeared to be a success. 

I am hoping to get it hooked in to DCS this weekend

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Glad you got yours I still have not received my order.

Well I thought things were looking up when Ice Rhino's replacement was delivered. I was told 2 weeks a month ago which was different than their typical response so I was a little more hopeful than usual. Asked for an update yesterday and they regressed back to the same old canned response I was getting before "Hello, our supplier has delayed the delivery time, so we need another month or so to deliver the goods. We are very sorry, and we will provide you with extra gifts to express our apologies."

On 7/17/2021 at 4:31 PM, GhastlyTT said:

Well I thought things were looking up when Ice Rhino's replacement was delivered. I was told 2 weeks a month ago which was different than their typical response so I was a little more hopeful than usual. Asked for an update yesterday and they regressed back to the same old canned response I was getting before "Hello, our supplier has delayed the delivery time, so we need another month or so to deliver the goods. We are very sorry, and we will provide you with extra gifts to express our apologies."

Same quote I got a month ago.

And has been 5 moths now well over due.

Yup!

Got the same repose as Ghastly  "We are still working hard, but due to the supplier's problem, it will take another month or so to deliver the goods to you. We are very sorry, and we will prepare additional gifts for you to express our apologies."

23 hours ago, Kudujock said:

Same as above...ordered March 14th. 

Order placed 22nd March.

• 4 weeks later...

If I was to cancel my order can I still get a refund via Paypal?

Getting fed up with this guy to be honest been about six months now.

I ordered a set at the end of Feb and seem to be getting the exact same replies from Garfield as everyone else every time I ask when my order will be delivered. "Hello, it will take about one more month. I am very sorry. We will prepare extra gifts for you to express our apologies."

The website states delivery in 2 to 3 weeks which at this point has now turned into 6 months and no sign of them arriving anytime soon. I'm at the point where I'm most likely going to refund them through PayPal and use the money to build my own like I was originally going to do.

Same round around, 6 months is way to much time to wait to have an order filled. I may wait till the end of month and that's it.

Too much hassle to wait half a year for a couple of 3d printed screen enclosures. Just grab an stl from thingiverse and a couple of $20 screens and you're done. I just don't get it why he's still in business especially with his prices.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

3 hours ago, The LT said:

Too much hassle to wait half a year for a couple of 3d printed screen enclosures. Just grab an stl from thingiverse and a couple of $20 screens and you're done. I just don't get it why he's still in business especially with his prices.

You are right LT, stuff it had enough of his scripted replies imagine if something went wrong with  one of the monitors would I have to wait  another 6 months for a replacement?...i'm out.

Don't care if it's one dude working on his own he should have refunded my money and email me when he was good to go instead of demanding the money up front.

You are right LT, stuff it had enough of his scripted replies imagine if something went wrong with  one of the monitors would I have to wait  another 6 months for a replacement?...i'm out.

Don't care if it's one dude working on his own he should have refunded my money and email me when he was good to go instead of demanding the money up front.
I am sorry to hear that, but him being Chinese, I can't say it I'm surprised. Hed the same abysmal experience with Winwing. Hope you get it sorted sooner than later.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

4 hours ago, rapid said:

At least the order was paid via PayPal, checked it last night and I have until the 22nd of August to submit a claim but before I do that I have emailed him again and waiting to see what he says next, I don't have much hope in getting anything other than what he has already been saying for the last 6 months so once I get the reply I'll be taking it up through PayPal and getting my money back... such a waste of time.

11 hours ago, The LT said:

I am sorry to hear that, but him being Chinese, I can't say it I'm surprised. Hed the same abysmal experience with Winwing. Hope you get it sorted sooner than later.

Yeah I knew it was a role of the dice when I placed my order to be honest but I took the chance.

6 hours ago, T-Verez said:

At least the order was paid via PayPal, checked it last night and I have until the 22nd of August to submit a claim but before I do that I have emailed him again and waiting to see what he says next, I don't have much hope in getting anything other than what he has already been saying for the last 6 months so once I get the reply I'll be taking it up through PayPal and getting my money back... such a waste of time.

I wonder if he is dragging it out to go past the 180 day refund limit?

Well for me the 180 day limit is up next month think I'll get off the merry go round now.

2 minutes ago, rapid said:

Yeah I knew it was a role of the dice when I placed my order to be honest but I took the chance.

I wonder if he is dragging it out to go past the 180 day refund limit?

Well for me the 180 day limit is up next month think I'll get off the merry go round now.

That was my thoughts exactly which would be a really shitty thing for him to do. These delays are already hurting his/Cubesim's reputation who I would tell anyone now to avoid considering buying from.

And if he has been delaying on purpose due to the 180 day limit it feels awfully like a scam even if its not his actual intentions. If he had been emailing everyone with regular updates about the delays and was being more open about the situation id feel a little less fed up towards him and Cubesim but having to constantly email him for an explanation and getting the same response each time has drawn out my patience.

At this point still no reply, regardless even if I don't get one in a day or two I'll be taking it through Paypal to get my money back.