CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

Will I emailed him last night and I will give him time to wake up and read it then I will begin the recovery process via Paypal.

Seems that each month he changed the scripted response to everyone.

He may will be legit but as you pointed out his process is sloppy and does not makes us feel confident in his business.

Hope you get your money back.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

4 hours ago, rapid said:

Will I emailed him last night and I will give him time to wake up and read it then I will begin the recovery process via Paypal.

Seems that each month he changed the scripted response to everyone.

He may will be legit but as you pointed out his process is sloppy and does not makes us feel confident in his business.

Hope you get your money back.

Yeah hope so, finally got a reply and its a little different from all of the previous emails, it was also highlighted so looks like a copy and paste, would be interested to see what you get from him.
" Hello, Sir. There is about one month left. The supplier has sent us new goods and they are on their way. Don't worry, I will mark your order, and I will give priority to you once the goods can be shipped. "

31 minutes ago, T-Verez said:

Yeah hope so, finally got a reply and its a little different from all of the previous emails, it was also highlighted so looks like a copy and paste, would be interested to see what you get from him.
" Hello, Sir. There is about one month left. The supplier has sent us new goods and they are on their way. Don't worry, I will mark your order, and I will give priority to you once the goods can be shipped. "

Sounds promising, wish I had nerves of steal like what you have T-Verez.

Looking at the email looks like you have to wait another month. Very odd how his supplier keeps sending him new goods!

I have had confirmation that my refund is been processed. 

"Hello, Sir, I'm really sorry. We will refund your payment within 24 hours. I'm really sorry for the bad shopping experience. If we have enough goods, I will send you another email and give you priority for shipment."

I think he is legit I just think that's it's wrong to wait so long for something that you have already paid upfront for.

Edited by rapid

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

At this point I don't have much faith in their delays so I have requested a refund. I have also mentioned to CubeSim that if in the future they have stock that can be delivered in the stated time frame on their website I may look at re ordering.

Its a real pity that it has come to this as they would have been the prefect solution to the MFG's.

I hear you, I also think that he may be sending monitors out to people who placed bigger orders and not sending to people  who placed their order first.

a mate of mine made his own he said he will send me information on how he did it.

If he does I'll send it to you.

Check out Wonwar MFDs on aliexpress, guys. They also have F18DDIs.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ApMc1Q
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ATJ17Q

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

3 hours ago, The LT said:

Check out Wonwar MFDs on aliexpress, guys. They also have F18DDIs.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ApMc1Q
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ATJ17Q

Not bad only issue is that it looks like it's made in China!...probably  the same chaps second company!

Also has a 2 months delivery time better than 6 months I suppose.

Edited by rapid

Not bad only issue is that it looks like it's made in China!...probably  the same chaps second company!

Also has a 2 months delivery time better than 6 months I suppose.

Yeah we need more feedback on em. Still interesting though. Got mine DIYed long ago.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

After all the hassle with our friend over in China he has kind of put me off of doing it. 

But a mate of mine says he may tell me how he built his so I may jump back on the band wagon.

3 minutes ago, rapid said:

After all the hassle with our friend over in China he has kind of put me off of doing it. 

But a mate of mine says he may tell me how he built his so I may jump back on the band wagon.

Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects - Thingiverse

You 3D print these out and get a CLAA070MA0ACW 800x600 LCD. Assembly is easy as pie. Done.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Would you believe that we used to sell 3D Printers at my work place but we stopped selling them  now. So I no longer have access to a 3D printer any more.

Would you believe that we used to sell 3D Printers at my work place but we stopped selling them  now. So I no longer have access to a 3D printer any more.
I don't own one either, I ordered the parts at a local 3d printing workshop for around $20 for 3 screens.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Hi All,

I know I started this thread to warn people, but now I actually need your help now. I want a 3rd Screen for the AMPCD, but I am not going back to CubeSim

So, question is, where is the best place, in the UK if possible, to acquire a working screen unit with OSB's, or I will get another Pair of TM Cougars

Thanks

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Hi All,

I know I started this thread to warn people, but now I actually need your help now. I want a 3rd Screen for the AMPCD, but I am not going back to CubeSim

So, question is, where is the best place, in the UK if possible, to acquire a working screen unit with OSB's, or I will get another Pair of TM Cougars

Thanks

No idea, never seen a custom ampcd. :(

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Me either.

Just checked my money has been refunded.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Verez,

Just received this from Cubesim "Hello, Sir, we received a batch of screen, so will start from September 15 to arrange a batch of shipment, don't know whether you now need to screen and other goods, if you need, please contact me before September 8, payment again, I'll give you deliver goods according to your original payment order, thank you again for your support.

Best regards!"

Seem I have asked what will be the delivery time then I'll make my mind up from there.

Good for you.

Yeah that's a nice Rig full 100.

Hope you posted your rig in here >>>POST RIGS HERE.

Mine is not so grand as your but it is a working desk come rig

2.jpg

Edited by rapid
  • Like 1

Could somebody please open up their CUBSIM and get the freaking part numbers off of it. His build is is unique in the way it uses just a USB for power and display. Using a DisplayLink chip with memory. Should be off the shelf stuff. He sells the USB screens for I think to much. DisplayLink has been around for a while, and they are well known for USB displays. Funny how he shows you how to build them but doesn't give you the Part Numbers or where to source. If It was me. I would build them for people, but also let everyone know how to DIY it them selves. There are many 7" displays out there but the issue is the connections are sh...t. One for power, one for display, and another sometimes if you want Touch screen. And you are using Display ports off your GPU, whereas this build you are using USB ports. Please For the Love of all that is THE SIM COMMUNITY. Just one person needs to reverse one of his builds to get some part numbers. 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz AMD Vega 56 64GB DDR4 3200 500 GB WD Black NVME M.2 X4 SSD

Is it just USB for power and display? I had been banking on needing to power each display separately to the USB

Scratch the question, from his website...

3.Separate wires (1 USB for the Cougars, 1 USB for the Screen,1 power adapter wire for Screen)

Edited by Simm0

Could somebody please open up their CUBSIM and get the freaking part numbers off of it. His build is is unique in the way it uses just a USB for power and display. Using a DisplayLink chip with memory. Should be off the shelf stuff. He sells the USB screens for I think to much. DisplayLink has been around for a while, and they are well known for USB displays. Funny how he shows you how to build them but doesn't give you the Part Numbers or where to source. If It was me. I would build them for people, but also let everyone know how to DIY it them selves. There are many 7" displays out there but the issue is the connections are sh...t. One for power, one for display, and another sometimes if you want Touch screen. And you are using Display ports off your GPU, whereas this build you are using USB ports. Please For the Love of all that is THE SIM COMMUNITY. Just one person needs to reverse one of his builds to get some part numbers. 
Nothing unique about his build, all the instructions to build your own are on the web, including part numbers. The backlights require 12V. You could go with a dc-dc step up but what for? They are usually hard mounted. When running off a GPU via HDMI (whivh is the way to go to avoid usb bus saturation) I just run a Matrox TripleHead2Go DP edition. I run a 12V power-bus from the PC PSU and a cannibalized powered USB hub for a 3 screen assembly which I built into. The main cabling is just 2 wires, power via an aviation plug and a single USB lead. TH2Go is mounted on the backside and is usb powered.
  • Like 1

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat