CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

12 hours ago, Simm0 said:

Is it just USB for power and display? I had been banking on needing to power each display separately to the USB

Scratch the question, from his website...

3.Separate wires (1 USB for the Cougars, 1 USB for the Screen,1 power adapter wire for Screen)

Yes confirm it’s usb and power required.  I did not use his power supplies. Had a 5amp and splitter to power all three from one plug.  He provides 2amp large head power supplies.  His usb cables are flaky.  One works great, one cuts in and out if moved around a lot. One just cuts in and out constantly.  Bought new 90 degree ones to replace the ones he provided. 

Edited by jskibo

Um I think I didn't clarify. My apologizes. The Cougar take a USB yes. The Display he uses with the DisplayLink USB Chip-set in the build video he has putting it together. That's what I want info on. DisplayLink Uses its own Mem and CPU to avoid, "usb saturation'. I have been looking all over the web. What you described above is totally unique from CUBSIMS build. BTW

But I missed the part where you needed power to the display too. I guess its to run the chipset. I thought it looked like just a USB doing everything. Oh well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz AMD Vega 56 64GB DDR4 3200 500 GB WD Black NVME M.2 X4 SSD

Um I think I didn't clarify. My apologizes. The Cougar take a USB yes. The Display he uses with the DisplayLink USB Chip-set in the build video he has putting it together. That's what I want info on. DisplayLink Uses its own Mem and CPU to avoid, "usb saturation'. I have been looking all over the web. What you described above is totally unique from CUBSIMS build. BTW
But I missed the part where you needed power to the display too. I guess its to run the chipset. I thought it looked like just a USB doing everything. Oh well.
Looking for what exactly? There are literally tons of USB driver boards for lvds/edp displays all over aliexpress & ebay. What "info" do you need? Also, the "proper" way to run those MFDs with absolutely minimal performance overhead and latency is to drive them via native HDMI/DP either via a Matrox TH2go or an additional GPU. Cheaper too. "USB doing everything" is not good in this particular case.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

5 hours ago, jskibo said:

Yes confirm it’s usb and power required.  I did not use his power supplies. Had a 5amp and splitter to power all three from one plug.  He provides 2amp large head power supplies.  His usb cables are flaky.  One works great, one cuts in and out if moved around a lot. One just cuts in and out constantly.  Bought new 90 degree ones to replace the ones he provided. 

Thanks for the help. To clarify the connections. I am no where near "USB over head" just wanted to keep the HDMI's down to a min.

17 minutes ago, The LT said:

Looking for what exactly? There are literally tons of USB driver boards for lvds/edp displays all over aliexpress & ebay. What "info" do you need? Also, the "proper" way to run those MFDs with absolutely minimal performance overhead and latency is to drive them via native HDMI/DP either via a Matrox TH2go or an additional GPU. Cheaper too. "USB doing everything" is not good in this particular case.

USB driver boards all over, OK I will keep looking. Most I have seen are HDMI. But I guess i'm looking for help in the wrong place again. Hard to find a 4:3 800 X 600 8 Inch to fit the Cougar perfectly And USB with DISPLAYLINK Chip Set. There are tones of HDMI.  Its all about wire Bulk. for me at least. Thanks for whatever though... appreciate it...

Edited by Keyholebud

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz AMD Vega 56 64GB DDR4 3200 500 GB WD Black NVME M.2 X4 SSD

USB driver boards all over, OK I will keep looking. Most I have seen are HDMI. But I guess i'm looking for help in the wrong place again. Hard to find a 4:3 800 X 600 8 Inch to fit the Cougar perfectly And USB with DISPLAYLINK Chip Set. There are tones of HDMI.  Its all about wire Bulk. for me at least. Thanks for whatever though... appreciate it...
Wire bulk is minimized by using an enclosure with integrated USB hub, centralized 12V power and a single triplehead2go without enclosure. It basically gives you a single USB, single 12V/5V power and single DP lead, 3xMFDs are seen as one wide display on the PC. Which is way less cable clutter and much cheaper than 3x cubesim mfds. Which are basically the same diy enclosures.

It's not hard to find a suitable LCD, most enclosure STLs you'll find online utilize CLAA070MA0ACW ttl level lcd display which is dirt cheap.

You're not looking in the wrong place, you're just bent on it being "USB" for some reason. As I said, cable clutter won't be minimized. You'll still be running 6xUSB+3x DC power, some of those usb boards don't like hubs, keep that in mind when planning your port budget.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

FYI running the cubesims on a Sabrent 16 port powered USB 3.0 hub with 14 ports filled. No issues. 
Cool. Which is the way it should be, given the price. The guy above is probably looking for something like this. https://m.aliexpress.ru/i/33000442028.html

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Ya I got a 16 port USB 3. Thanks jskibo you the info. I found using USB for smaller displays does not takeaway anything in my build. Leaving my display ports for other bigger jobs. Considering its just for MFDs and TGP Video. Just wanted to see if anybody here could get some of the Cubsim internals part numbers. Didn't want to make anyone angry. I am a DIY'er at heart. Been building PC's for more than 3 decades. But you know, If I am bent so be it lol.  ..... Wait is this AVSIM??? Forum I am on??? LOL

Edited by Keyholebud

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 9/7/2021 at 1:42 AM, jskibo said:

Hey can you provide some more detail on the specs of the supply you're using? Waiting on my  screens want to do something similar so need to order the parts.

Is it something like this?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274404967909?hash=item3fe3cf85e5:g:JQMAAOSwtZpeor~9

Edited by Simm0

Yep, Bent. Want to do it my way not your way. So its ok for jskibo to use cubsims and not me wanting to build them myself. Ok. Gotcha. 
I love Ignore.
No wonder you haven't built anything. You should pay more attention to those who have and read more carefully. I have provided you a link to the displaylink board which uses a single USB lead. Build whatever you feel like, man.
Hey can you provide some more detail on the specs of the supply you're using? Waiting on my  screens want to do something similar so need to order the parts.

That would work just fine. You can even use something less powerful.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Hey look at this. lol I can use a USB to drive a HDMI display lolol. Any haters out there for this little peace of tech??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725K1MHH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_H0YENAQSBJHY7Q49N879
Is this some kind of a joke? First you ask for a displaylink board, then ignore it and proceed with posting HDMI dongles? :) Did I hear cable clutter?
Ya I got a 16 port USB 3. Thanks jskibo you the info. I found using USB for smaller displays does not takeaway anything in my build. Leaving my display ports for other bigger jobs. Considering its just for MFDs and TGP Video. Just wanted to see if anybody here could get some of the Cubsim internals part numbers. Didn't want to make anyone angry. I am a DIY'er at heart. Been building PC's for more than 3 decades. But you know, If I am bent so be it lol.  ..... Wait is this AVSIM??? Forum I am on??? LOL
why do you need his part numbers so much? What's wrong with using pd165 board with a claa display https://m.aliexpress.ru/i/33000442028.html
Pretty sure he is using that. You say you are a DIYer? Don't blindly copy his work.

Here are my diy mfds. Claa screens + th2go. No cable mess.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

5 hours ago, Simm0 said:

Yes that's pretty much the same one. Slightly different splitter but should work fine. 

On 9/8/2021 at 6:00 PM, The LT said:

[...] You say you are a DIYer? Don't blindly copy his work.

When you're buying components from random online suppliers, with listing descriptions that aren't in fluent English if they're in English at all, and it can take a month or more for what you've ordered to arrive (and you might discover what you've ordered doesn't work, you've wasted your money and you're back to square one), there's a lot to be said for using components which are known to work.  Especially given the protracted delays experienced by other posters in this thread, I'd have zero compunctions about using the same screens/boards which CubeSim is using and doing the rest myself. 🤷‍♂️

When you're buying components from random online suppliers, with listing descriptions that aren't in fluent English if they're in English at all, and it can take a month or more for what you've ordered to arrive (and you might discover what you've ordered doesn't work, you've wasted your money and you're back to square one), there's a lot to be said for using components which are known to work.  Especially given the protracted delays experienced by other posters in this thread, I'd have zero compunctions about using the same screens/boards which CubeSim is using and doing the rest myself. 
Let us know when you've built yours. I don't own cubesims.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 11:26 PM, Keyholebud said:

Could somebody please open up their CUBSIM and get the freaking part numbers off of it. His build is is unique in the way it uses just a USB for power and display. Using a DisplayLink chip with memory. Should be off the shelf stuff. He sells the USB screens for I think to much. DisplayLink has been around for a while, and they are well known for USB displays. Funny how he shows you how to build them but doesn't give you the Part Numbers or where to source. If It was me. I would build them for people, but also let everyone know how to DIY it them selves. There are many 7" displays out there but the issue is the connections are sh...t. One for power, one for display, and another sometimes if you want Touch screen. And you are using Display ports off your GPU, whereas this build you are using USB ports. Please For the Love of all that is THE SIM COMMUNITY. Just one person needs to reverse one of his builds to get some part numbers. 

AGREED!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So has ANYONE worked it out yet? those monitors?

I ALSO ordered mid september and recently told , after having to email ie tracking numbers etc...that the order will ONLY be shipped in DECEMBER!!!

Now we all know that shipping in december is a nightmare due to all that shipping soz I would prolly expect the goods to be here in RSA in FEB/March...which is too close to that paypal cutoff date...I wish i had seen this subforum before...anyways i emailed him that the good should arrive sooner rather than later and that it MUST arrive by the 30th Jan 22.

What does amaze me ...there is a good market for his stuff and thats a problem.....for him to produce...? website says sooner...!

I would however like to fill my  2 thrustmaster mfds with screens so ANY help regarding this and to mitigate the horror of NOT receiving the order and/or cancelling,  have a backup plan..

Many thanks gentlemen!

Cheers

URGENT:

FYI just checked the cubesim website is no longer...from FB and i checked!

Edited by protea1

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Site gone again? Hope it's down and not "Gone"

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I don't know eletronics and I don't have 3D printer, so I need somebody to do it for me.

I asked him about the deliveries. He had problems with supply chain and now he is normalizing the deliveries.

He said that he have now at least 100 screens to build and ship until December.

Don't matter if I pay now or end of December. I will receive at least 3 weeks after ordering end of December or next year.

If don't build and ship in 3 week, I ask the Paypal to refund me.

Edited by SilentSierra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

I also queried and insisted delivery latest 30th jan....

Edited by protea1

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember when I first posted this warning to the community that I sort of felt guilty doing so. I know I was right to try and protect people as my logical brain would hope for the same from someone else, but I did not expect him to shut down his site completely

I hope whoever you are out there, that you get your product or money back at least

Ice Rhino

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Thanks Toni...found the forum post AFTER THE FACT...paid via paypal soz i can reverse within 180 days from order...many thanks.

p.s.it would seem many buyers are unhappy with the delivery dates etc.....

b well stay safe

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are welcome protea1

I truly feel for you guys/gals that might lose their money

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

On 8/15/2021 at 7:32 AM, T-Verez said:

I ordered a set at the end of Feb and seem to be getting the exact same replies from Garfield as everyone else every time I ask when my order will be delivered. "Hello, it will take about one more month. I am very sorry. We will prepare extra gifts for you to express our apologies."

The website states delivery in 2 to 3 weeks which at this point has now turned into 6 months and no sign of them arriving anytime soon. I'm at the point where I'm most likely going to refund them through PayPal and use the money to build my own like I was originally going to do.

The extra gift will be a plastic stopper

• Like 2

Thrustmaster A10 Warthog

Thrustmaster Rudder

Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

ACPI x64 PC

Corsair K70 RGB LUX

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Intel i7-8700K@3.70GHz

GeFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15