CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

On 10/26/2021 at 9:59 PM, rapid said:

Yeah, I think he is trying to reboot his Webpage so all may not be lost.

I think he will come through for you.

I'm sure he will, he says they have shipped and the tracking number will be provided within 2 weeks. Tough times with the world logistics the way they are atm.

He's still very responsive and helpful, I really don't think he's out to rip anyone off, he's just facing some difficult supply/shipping issues.

His new website is up! 

Looks like he is still building it,  looks much better.

Looking good for those still waiting for their screens I think they will arrive soon.

Edited by rapid

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

On 9/6/2021 at 11:42 PM, jskibo said:

Yes confirm it’s usb and power required.  I did not use his power supplies. Had a 5amp and splitter to power all three from one plug.  He provides 2amp large head power supplies.  His usb cables are flaky.  One works great, one cuts in and out if moved around a lot. One just cuts in and out constantly.  Bought new 90 degree ones to replace the ones he provided. 

Can you show a Link which 5amp power+splitter you used? So you turn them on all at the same time, then windows sees them randomly or arranges them randomly each time you turn them on? So there is no fixed arrangement like left MFD should always be CUBESIM screen #01.

Edit: I like CUBESIM, its USB and low res screen but was hoping Image quality/display panel was better. 

Edited by Apar

On 10/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, rapid said:

Any more good news from anybody who is still waiting?

Hey guys, 

I ordered and paid in full (through PayPal) in August for 3 screens. My order delivery date has been pushed back 4 times now... Do I need to be more patient?

I am getting a little nervous that I am being dicked around... so I would love any community feedback regarding this. 

I've paid on 12th of April '21

Several emails and promises in delivery, but no product as of now...

It was a shot in the dark; I've already written off the money. I can only hope that he really is honest and will deliver the displays someday.

3 hours ago, Oxman said:

Hey guys, 

I ordered and paid in full (through PayPal) in August for 3 screens. My order delivery date has been pushed back 4 times now... Do I need to be more patient?

I am getting a little nervous that I am being dicked around... so I would love any community feedback regarding this. 

What I learnt is that he seems to process the 3 screens more than he does the 2 screens. August is still too soon to be honest hold tight. I paid in March and requested a refund in August.

Sent him a stinging email then he email me in September and fulfilled the order.

3 hours ago, dlder said:

I've paid on 12th of April '21

Several emails and promises in delivery, but no product as of now...

It was a shot in the dark; I've already written off the money. I can only hope that he really is honest and will deliver the displays someday.

Well his site is back up albeit still been rebuilt. I think he is a lone guy building everything on his own also slow delivery of electrical  components is the main issue.

hopefully you will have yours soon.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

On 10/30/2021 at 2:18 AM, rapid said:

What I learnt is that he seems to process the 3 screens more than he does the 2 screens. August is still too soon to be honest hold tight. I paid in March and requested a refund in August.

Sent him a stinging email then he email me in September and fulfilled the order.

Well his site is back up albeit still been rebuilt. I think he is a lone guy building everything on his own also slow delivery of electrical  components is the main issue.

hopefully you will have yours soon.

Thanks for the feedback Rapid... I will hold on for a little longer. 🙂

His web site is still been worked on if it was a massive fraud he would of ducked out by now.

Hold on a little longer.

I do want to say on his behalf that Cubesim is not a fraud.  After six months of waiting, i decided to cancel my order through Paypal , and they make you contact the seller, and he was courteous and refunded it all back.  

that said, im kind of glad i didnt go through with it.  Alot of people dont talk about the performance-hit and rather convoluted method for making DCS to export the screens.  FalconBMS made it super simple, and didnt require as much raw horsepower from the GPU, but now that i have a 165hz monitor and butter smooth performance, i dont want to mess with syncing off those USB monitors and slowing it all down

Just a heads up guys,

One of my new monitors has already packed up.

Monitor boots up but goes into a black screen. Tried it on another PC and Windows not detecting it.

Unless there is a reset for it I would say that it is faulty.

Will see how the RMA will go.

Edited by rapid

1 minute ago, Simm0 said:

Mine have now shipped so shouldn't be too long, seems like he's still getting through the orders as quick as he can.

Good to hear

Hope none of your monitors goes tits up!

Looks like I may have to wait 2 months for a replacement monitor probbably will end up been longer.

Just my luck wait all this time and get one that stopped working.

When you look at it...are they really worth all this hassel? 

6 hours ago, rapid said:

When you look at it...are they really worth all this hassel? 

That's the key question, I went this path for the convenience of not having to think/do too much myself. I'm sure covid has played a role here and I think if he gets it all sorted then it will be worth it, sadly I think we're early adopters and going through some of the teething issues.

not yet has been advised dec31st cutoff....

On 10/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, Simm0 said:

Not as yet, still got a few more days before I have to escalate it, he has been open and transparent in his comms though and is trying.

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cubesim is "claiming" i will have them in 2 weeks, back on the 28th Oct. I have followed him up twice to confirm, no reponse. I have now put a third meesage through...

In comparsion, I recieved my Mulitpurpose UFC this week. Totally different level of service and professionalism from this startup. Worked straight out of the box and the fit and finish is great.

With all the comments in this thread, I dont think the wait will be worth it. This really sux as the concept is good...  

19 hours ago, Oxman said:

After writing my above post, i have lodged a refund claim with Paypal. 

I have now order 3 x Wonwar screens... I will let every know how this goes.

Please do, totally agree with you it's really not worth all this hassle to be honest wish I had kept my refund instead of been lured back in again.

Like I said after such a long wait one of my screens packed up and he is now saying I will have a two month wait which we all know may well be 3 - 4 months or even more.

It may well be one guy but it still sucks.

• Thanks 1

What would be interesting would be if anyone has had any failures of these screens. I only know of one me been the other has there been any more failures?

I was the original creator of this thread, and it all came about because I had a failure of one on delivery initially

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

32 minutes ago, Toni Carrera said:

I was the original creator of this thread, and it all came about because I had a failure of one on delivery initially

Indeed you are sir, if you check the thread I was the first  person who posted after you first raised issue with dealing with Cubesim.

Hence I said that I know of only one other person who had a problem with their screens that person was yourself.

So I take it that all your screens are still working without any further issues?

According to Cubesim (Garfield) they have never had any issues before....yeah right!

Rapid

Edited by rapid

Sorry, I just read your thread as      "I only know of one, me" as appose to "I only know of one plus me"

Apologies

I am glad I put the thread out in the first place now, hopefully I have saved some people their money

Toni

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

3 hours ago, Toni Carrera said:

Sorry, I just read your thread as      "I only know of one, me" as appose to "I only know of one plus me"

Apologies

I am glad I put the thread out in the first place now, hopefully I have saved some people their money

Toni

No problem mate.

You forgot to say if your screens are still working without any issues?

Sorry, yes, both screens appear to be working without incident thus far.  I do wish however that I had waited because the second I find out that the AH-64D is released, I will almost exclusively. Hopefully some will come up with a screen surround that will cover 6 buttons on each axis, maybe even being able to use the same screens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Cheers for that Toni, I did notice that when I popped into the Black Shark my two screens were both populated with the Targeting Display Screen  and the ABRIS so it may be the same for the Ah-64D.

I hope that jumping from the pilot seat to the gunner seat will reset the view thus screens changing too...well here's hoping!

• Thanks 1