CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

1 hour ago, Oxman said:

Thanks guys for the feedback and for the thread... it has been good to hear the various experiences and what has been said. 

FYI - Tek Creations is making Apache screens... he is prototyping ATM. 

https://www.facebook.com/TekCreations 

Thanks for the heads up on that Oxman, early sign's are looking good, albeit a little rough around the edges atm

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Drat, I don't use Face book!

Cheers Oxman.

When my screens were working they worked in my Warthog and Black Shark without me doing any adjustments.

• Like 1

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

It might not be the case when it hits the streets, but I am sure they will give us it, the way it should be

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

So, I just wanted to add: as posted earlier (https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/274752-cubesim-protection-of-money-just-a-heads-up/?do=findComment&comment=4811227), I've waited about 7 months.

But the screens did finally arrive!

Granted, I had to pay another 120 fucking Euros in fucking import taxes (bloody hell!), but at least they're here and seem to be working (haven't had any luck with drivers, so they are still unrecognized in the device manager).

So yes, CUBESIM is the real deal and not some hack. His "fame" just seemed to take off after some YT reviews and Reddit posts and so he had WAY too much success, so his backlog is intense.

• Like 1

Finally got mine but one screen stopped working also got burnt on the import tax too.

Check out this Link for drivers.

Rapid

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

14 hours ago, Simm0 said:

My screens have arrived and I have them setup, just looking into calibrating them a little at the moment.

Good news hope they stay working.

Cubesim has give me these shipping details for STO Express, as they stated the order gets shipped to Hong Kong first - then to Australia via Fedex or DHL. 

I have gone to the STO Express website and the shipping number is not correct. 

What shipping details were any of you guys provided? 

10 minutes ago, dlder said:

For me it was Fedex and the number was correct; usually you'll have to wait for a day or so until the number shows with the transport company though...

This is correct mine took a few days to show on the FedEx site too.

• Thanks 1

Btw.: if anyone has problems with the display like wrong colors or unreadable text -> the LCDs might not be defective!

I have/had this issue and the problem was this:

• you have to change the amount of color-bits from "10 bpc" back to the default "8 bpc"

Took a while until I stumbled over that setting...

3 hours ago, Oxman said:

I was provided the alleged shipping number on Tuesday last week, and still not showing yet as of Monday evening +8GMT in Australia.  

I'm hoping it's because you live on the wrong side of the Pond that your shipping number hasn't been populated yet.

Hope it turns up soon.

2 hours ago, Oxman said:

Paypal have closed the case and issued a refund - Cubesim did even bother to respond. 

Wow that's terrible. wish I never dealt with the dude chances of me getting a replacement monitor this side of Christmas is going to be slim.

wish I had kept my money now.

I've gotta say I do still find him generally responsive and helpful and my screens did arrive.

It is definitely clear he had serious supply issues that he seems to have worked through and now he has a backlog to get through.

I'd say once that is done we'll see better things from him.

2 hours ago, Simm0 said:

I've gotta say I do still find him generally responsive and helpful and my screens did arrive.

It is definitely clear he had serious supply issues that he seems to have worked through and now he has a backlog to get through.

I'd say once that is done we'll see better things from him.

Lets see how long it takes to get my replacement monitor.

I suppose one can complain to the Chinese authorities......they are holding lots of funds for many months....without fulfilling their obligations of the orders....!

The authorities  dont take kindly to BS....gonna look into this further....I wonder how many orders are "pending"?

200? 500? 1000? this adds up to a considerable amount ......just a thought!

You hire EXTRA help etc if you are swamped....the covid story is not an excuse....everything back to normal there....

Why take additional orders....if you cant cope? and saying cancel and re-order later?

meh!

THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!

Edited by protea1

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, protea1 said:

I suppose one can complain to the Chinese authorities......they are holding lots of funds for many months....without fulfilling their obligations of the orders....!

The authorities  dont take kindly to BS....gonna look into this further....I wonder how many orders are "pending"?

200? 500? 1000? this adds up to a considerable amount ......just a thought!

You hire EXTRA help etc if you are swamped....the covid story is not an excuse....everything back to normal there....

Why take additional orders....if you cant cope? and saying cancel and re-order later?

meh!

THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!

I can see he's getting much better with communication on what is going on, sure things have been rough but what's the plan here drive a little guy out of business because he's behind on orders? Doesn't seem like a good plan that gets much done for the community IMO...

Nothing wrong with saying ...no more orders untill such time to be fair.

Then email people back and see if they still require the product when you can supply the goods.

Edited by rapid

36 minutes ago, rapid said:

Nothing wrong with saying ...no more orders untill such time to be fair.

Then email people back and see if they still require the product when you can supply the goods.

Sure, I guess that's unfortunately something he hasn't done, I will say he seems to be learning on the fly a little here.

My point was more we shouldn't be looking to drive him out of business for some errors while he's growing.

This has got more bizarre now. Paypal have refunded the money and then the next day Cubesim claim he shipped the screens!

The Fedex number he provide was Hong Kong->NSW, Australia... which is the wrong side of the country! So he had obiviously given me someone elses tracking number. Then he message back and gave another shipping number, now from DHL which appears to be legit as it says Hong Kong->Perth, Australia where I live. 

Then another message came thorough and he was in a panic as he realised Paypal refunded the money. Now he cannot recall the goods, so he has asked me to pay for the shipping to send to another customer... 

I have told him after the 4 broken promised delvery dates, endless pushbacks, no reponse to the Paypal dispute, and it took 3 goes to supply the correct tracking number, my trust is broken. I told him I need sometime to think of a solution, as I am not going to take his goods without some sort of payment... but I have never experienced anything like this before. 

I have screenshots of the conversation on messenger, just in case anyone in the DCS commmunity thought I was a crack pot or being vindictive. I am not trying to drive him out of business, but buyers need to be aware of what exactly they are getiing into.

On FB groups, I had a couple of guys claiming I was being unfair as he is Tawian, I have confirmed Cubesim is Chinese based. Australia to china is not that long for shipping as China is our biggest trading partner and we have no shipping issues like the north hemisphere. 

I am certainly not trying to drive him out of business, but I am providing the material facts of my buying experience. 

Edited by Oxman