CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

Just found this thread after a Google search of "Cubesim delayed." I ordered mine back in November and when I emailed in December for an approx ship date, he said Jan/Feb timeframe. When I emailed him again in Feb he said they would be shipped by the end of Apr. Now almost midway through May I'm emailing him again. 6 months without even a shipping notification (which I'm assuming will take about 3 weeks in itself) seems unusually bad to me. How hard can it be to build one of those things? I know he had supply issues, but even that considered, this seems way off to me. Getting frustrated here at the shifting promises.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Merry go round.

At least he said he has now posted it.

• Like 1

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, Prelude said:

Well I got a reply and at least it wasn't a supply issue this time. 

Screenshot_20220510-102944_Yandex Mail.jpg

What happened after all? Do you received or not the screens?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, SilentSierra said:

What happened after all? Do you received or not the screens?

Yes eventually I did receive them. The packaging was great. He missed two items I ordered (Cardigans) but he made up for it by reimbursing the price of those items and sending me the 3D file to print myself.

I'm happy with the product so far, but it would have been nice to have a heads up that it would take about 8 months to arrive...

On 6/18/2022 at 9:53 PM, Prelude said:

Yes eventually I did receive them. The packaging was great. He missed two items I ordered (Cardigans) but he made up for it by reimbursing the price of those items and sending me the 3D file to print myself.

I'm happy with the product so far, but it would have been nice to have a heads up that it would take about 8 months to arrive...

Good. I'm waiting they normalize the deliveries for me to purchase.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

You still sitting on the fence SilentSierra?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

11 hours ago, rapid said:

You still sitting on the fence SilentSierra?

I don't have enough money to purchase now. I need to pay 7,000 BRL on taxes to register my new house.

Also, Garfield said that they are developing a F/A-18 UFC, if I purchase in July will be a discount.

Let's see what they are doing with this new product in the FB group.

Hope you get your order on time!😉

• 4 weeks later...

In the Cubesim YT channel, they release a video showing the integrated MFD bezel.

With only one USB cable you have the screen and the buttons.

• Like 2

Interesting concept.

Hope the buttons work as well as the ThrustMasters.

Having one USB cable is a great idea hope the buttons will still work if the monitor fails.

Edited by rapid
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! DCS Brothers & Sisters, I've been sitting here reading these threads & comments & checking all these pics for over an hour now & I'm more confused than ever. You see I've been corresponding via email with Garfield for the last week or so but I haven't sent any money. I just wanted to see if I could suss him out first as his products looked great. I wanted a 3 screen set up with the bezels for my Hornet but being DownUnder it's going to cost the price of a small car with the exchange rate so I decided on just 2 screens & maybe a UFC. Garfield seems very nice & genuine & replied to all my questions but after reading all the hassles here, man I'm not so sure now. 

Also, I just discovered these awesome looking rigs from Winwing too.  I'm so ready to buy though but I don't know which way to turn atm.

https://wwsimstore.com/view/goods-details.html?id=379

https://wwsimstore.com/view/goods-details.html?id=378

• Like 3

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

3 hours ago, GazAce said:

Also, I just discovered these awesome looking rigs from Winwing too.  I'm so ready to buy though but I don't know which way to turn atm.

One thing that is always bothering me with those projects is actual availability of stocked items, and local distributions centers.  Shipping from china going to cost me, tax is going to bump up the price considerably and if it breaks I am left with no legal obligations form seller. I can ship it on my expense back to them and then what? No hardware, no money, no guarantee of support whatsoever. 

If it was available in European established resellers, sure I can sell my kidney and buy. 

Look at the Viper Gear though, based in Europe and I am not even sure if they are still alive. No stock. 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On top of the above I would also like to see ED statement that they are committed to providing full support to the screen exporting. Reading about various bugs related to for example bad looking exported screens for Hornet, issues with clarity, intensity of exported screens. Let's not forget exporting screens is not built into main UI, but required custom Lua. What if screen exports gone bad and ED opted out from chaising fixes to these? 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 hours ago, GazAce said:

WOW! DCS Brothers & Sisters, I've been sitting here reading these threads & comments & checking all these pics for over an hour now & I'm more confused than ever. You see I've been corresponding via email with Garfield for the last week or so but I haven't sent any money. I just wanted to see if I could suss him out first as his products looked great. I wanted a 3 screen set up with the bezels for my Hornet but being DownUnder it's going to cost the price of a small car with the exchange rate so I decided on just 2 screens & maybe a UFC. Garfield seems very nice & genuine & replied to all my questions but after reading all the hassles here, man I'm not so sure now. 

Well you can see that i had the Merry Go round ride of my life. I did get my my screens in the end and i did manage to get the replacement sent out free of charge.

Nice find by the way.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, SilentSierra said:

In the Cubesim YT channel, they release a video showing the integrated MFD bezel.

With only one USB cable you have the screen and the buttons.

I understand there are teething problems but if your going to use your product as an example in a video clip then at least make sure the buttons work correctly when pressed ( 28 sec ) & also have the placement of the button the correct orientation ( bottom left brightness button )   

• Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Did you get your stuff running? I have 2 of the V2 displays here but I cant get them to run well. Sometimes I have bootup-loops, when I try to move a window to one of the displays the screen freezes and restarts...

For testing issues I connected my old Samsung u70 USB Screens... working perfect.. but they are too big to use in the future 😞 Cubesim would fit perfect, but without working... no joy. And they do not offer a version with HDMI connector 😞

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

On 7/31/2022 at 2:03 PM, GazAce said:

Do you have some video of review of this MFDs and UFC? Looks very good.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:08 AM, SilentSierra said:

Do you have some video of review of this MFDs and UFC? Looks very good.

Unfortunately that's all the information there is on that site & I know nothing more about those units. Guess we'll have to wait 😐 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 6:32 AM, Gierasimov said:

One thing that is always bothering me with those projects is actual availability of stocked items, and local distributions centers.  Shipping from china going to cost me, tax is going to bump up the price considerably and if it breaks I am left with no legal obligations form seller. I can ship it on my expense back to them and then what? No hardware, no money, no guarantee of support whatsoever. 

If it was available in European established resellers, sure I can sell my kidney and buy. 

Look at the Viper Gear though, based in Europe and I am not even sure if they are still alive. No stock. 

True true 

Finally got mine in but it seems like the left one is faulty, it will reset itself randomly even just idling in Windows. I have the updated screens. I've tried changing the data cable, running it straight to the mobo usb as well as a powered hub. The other screens works great. I've emailed Garfield, but I don't know what to expect now. It took 4 months to get them the firs time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeroReady said:

Finally got mine in but it seems like the left one is faulty, it will reset itself randomly even just idling in Windows. I have the updated screens. I've tried changing the data cable, running it straight to the mobo usb as well as a powered hub. The other screens works great. I've emailed Garfield, but I don't know what to expect now. It took 4 months to get them the firs time. 

Oh boy here we go...hope you don't have to go through what I went through.

• Like 1

It' really odd, it seems to only crash the screen in the A10C2 when the chart is showing on the TAD and while I'm in motion. If I sit on the ground with the TAD map up, it does just fine. As soon as I move DCS starts stuttering and the screen crashes. I'm thinking this is a software thing in DCS, maybe some Windows setting on my end. 

On 8/14/2022 at 11:36 PM, ZeroReady said:

It' really odd, it seems to only crash the screen in the A10C2 when the chart is showing on the TAD and while I'm in motion. If I sit on the ground with the TAD map up, it does just fine. As soon as I move DCS starts stuttering and the screen crashes. I'm thinking this is a software thing in DCS, maybe some Windows setting on my end. 

Looks that way. did you send off your screen size and resolution to Cubesim and have you set up your monitors in Windows as per their instructions?

Edited by rapid

11 hours ago, rapid said:

Looks that way. did you send off your screen size and resolution to Cubesim and have you set up your monitors in Windows as per their instructions?

Well it turned out to be the screen itself, at least as far as I can tell. The bad one just crashes at random, it could run for 2 minutes or 30, or only crash on the TAD or not even boot and just cycle. Garfield is sending me a new screen though so that's cool. I bet I'll have it in a couple weeks.