NS 430 for the HIND? And is the NS430 dead?

Rhinozherous
Go to solution Solved by Ramsay,

Hello!

I just want to use the 2D popup... (I own the module required for this) will this be possible sometime? Or is there a mod to get it to work?

Dont need a 3D model for the VC.

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Is development or support on the NS430 discontinued?

Asking because there seems not that much going on around in this part of the forum.

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• Rhinozherous changed the title to NS 430 for the HIND? And is the NS430 dead?
  • Solution
On 6/19/2021 at 4:37 PM, Rhinozherous said:

I just want to use the 2D popup... (I own the module required for this) will this be possible sometime? Or is there a mod to get it to work?

The NS430 2D "popup" works with the Hind already.

Press LShift+LAlt+B and test.

Screen_210620_191112.jpg

Eventually the Mi-24P will likely be added to "Options>Special>NS430" and you'll be able to disable the NS430 but until then, by default "LShift+LAlt+B" will always be available to call up the 2D NS430 if both  modules have been installed.

7 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Is development or support on the NS430 discontinued?

Support is not discontinued but the NS430 seems to have a low priority and very little (if any) resources devoted to it.

Realistically the best you can hope for is an updated entry.lua, etc. to add the Mi-24P to "Options>Special>NS430" so the NS430 can be disabled if desired.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

18 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

The NS430 2D "popup" works with the Hind already.

Press LShift+LAlt+B and test.

Screen_210620_191112.jpg

Eventually the Mi-24P will likely be added to "Options>Special>NS430" and you'll be able to disable the NS430 but until then, by default "LShift+LAlt+B" will always be available to call up the 2D NS430 if both  modules have been installed.

Support is not discontinued but the NS430 seems to have a low priority and very little (if any) resources devoted to it.

Realistically the best you can hope for is an updated entry.lua, etc. to add the Mi-24P to "Options>Special>NS430" so the NS430 can be disabled if desired.

Awesome! I thought it is not working because there is no option in the special options! Didnt know about the shortcut!

Thank you very much! 

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Razorback said:

Not working anymore on OB after the last update (11 Aug 21)

The NS430 2D pop still works in the Mi-24P for me - hot ramp start, Batumi, Steam Open Beta 2.7.5.10869

• Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

8 hours ago, Ramsay said:

The NS430 2D pop still works in the Mi-24P for me - hot ramp start, Batumi, Steam Open Beta 2.7.5.10869

Check ! Thxxxx

I just realised that I have two screens (multi monitor) and that it probably appears in the left-hand corner of my second screen 🙄

• 7 months later...

It has never worked for me in any multi monitor setup. You should be able to see it if you press ALT+ENTER, but you run the risk of messing something up when you do that, and you will have to do it every time you want to use the thing. 

This is unacceptable IMO. There NEEDS to be an option to manually place it, and ALL those floating windows that DCS uses such as Kneepad, Control Indicator, AI controls for AH64 etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 10:04 AM, mkiii said:

It has never worked for me in any multi monitor setup. You should be able to see it if you press ALT+ENTER, but you run the risk of messing something up when you do that, and you will have to do it every time you want to use the thing. 

This is unacceptable IMO. There NEEDS to be an option to manually place it, and ALL those floating windows that DCS uses such as Kneepad, Control Indicator, AI controls for AH64 etc.

The default opening position is the bottom right, so if your "total game resolution" extends to the bottom right, where you have no physical screen to display it, you obviously won't be able to see.

Not arguing against your point, I agree. Just trying to help. I've done some pretty exhaustive searching for the piece of code that places the NS430 but without success, I think it must be in one of the encrypted files.

Example
Green box, game resolution multiple monitors
Pink, area not displayed as no screen there.
NS430 2d window in pink zone.

ns430.jpg

The easiest way to overcome this is to align your monitors to the bottom.

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...