New sound

Rain

With the last patch the new sound was introduced. Big step forward... it feels really nice and powerful. Clean and crisp jet engine sound... havent flown in formations to hear if they changed or added any additional sounds

I really appreciate this. Anyone else noticed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter5on said:

That's very nice but any news about RWR sounds?

+1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

20 hours ago, btd said:

Dear all, many thanks! I am really happy that you like it 

Great job on the sounds! Only comment I have is that the background noise in low tones kinda makes me think I have the air brakes enabled at all times.. maybe I just need some more time to get used to it. In either way, the Viper sounds awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the F-16 has amazing sounds.. External flyby sounds are the best in game IMO. One thing I notice is the engine whine noise at idle translates into flight 100% of the time. Ever since the new sound has been updated I cant fly the F-16 much anymore because it seems to be a little too much. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's like a broken up computer sound/tone that never goes away. I dont want to be "that guy" but I have not flown the F-16 much lately because I find it distracting. It's got nothing to do with my speakers or setup, I imagine everyone hears it the same but perhaps it only bothers me.. I dunno...

3 hours ago, Wheetie said:

I think the F-16 has amazing sounds.. External flyby sounds are the best in game IMO. One thing I notice is the engine whine noise at idle translates into flight 100% of the time. Ever since the new sound has been updated I cant fly the F-16 much anymore because it seems to be a little too much. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's like a broken up computer sound/tone that never goes away. I dont want to be "that guy" but I have not flown the F-16 much lately because I find it distracting. It's got nothing to do with my speakers or setup, I imagine everyone hears it the same but perhaps it only bothers me.. I dunno...

I don't hear what you are talking about so I am going to say it must be user based.   Not discrediting what you are hearing, I know for me at least it sounds a hell of a lot better and many in my squadron have said the same thing.  I do believe that different sounds and different sound levels may impact each user differently.   I also feel that setup, headphones, and speakers do play a big part in that.  I noticed a huge difference in quality when I upgraded my gaming headset..   

Just my 2 cents.. 

• Like 1

I've noticed it doesn't make the broken up engine whine noise if I start a mission in the air. It's only when I throttle completely back and get the engine whine noise to start is when it never goes away even in flight. Maybe its a bug on my end or maybe I'm being a little OCD about it. Regardless I love the F-16 in DCS, what a beaut!