DCS will not run in Reverb G2 Headset

Animal451

Decided to try out the Hind today but the Reverb G2 is giving me more problems. 

WMR starts up when I plug in the power cord to the G2. 

SteamVR up and I get to the Steam VR home

Start DCS and it comes up in full screen . . .

Any help would be appreciated.

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD

Did you turn on VR in DCS settings? If not, open the settings, go to the VR tab and check the VR checkbox. This will restart the game in VR mode.

• Like 1

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

you need to run Windows mixed reality for Steam VR and Steam VR with DCS and the G2..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Yup.  What Nephilim said.  Go to the Steam Store and do a search for "Steam VR for WMR".  Its a free download, and once you have it installed, it will provide the bridge you need between WMR and Steam VR.  From then on, getting DCS to run in VR will be as simple as it was on your Rift.  When I want to play DCS in VR, I plug in the power box on my G2 (the DP and USB cables I leave plugged in all the time) and wait for WMR to recognize the HMD.  Once it does that and I have followed the instructions in the HMD, I just peek at my monitor, double-click my DCS icon like I normally do, pull the HMD back down over my eyes and wait for the exploding triangles.  The exploding triangles indicate that WMR and SteamVR are linking up, so shortly after that you'll find yourself in the DCS hangar in VR.  When you double-click your DCS icon, I have found it best to immediately get myself into the comfortable, looking straight-ahead position that I want to play in.  The DCS view centering gets set as you enter the game, so if you're sitting where you want to be, you won't have to re-center your view.

I also noticed in the other thread that you were having the USB error on your G2.  Just remember to unplug the power box before recycling any connections, and leave the power box unplugged for a couple of minutes before plugging it back in to see if the error has cleared.  It does take a little while for the power circuit in the HMD to fully discharge and reset any error codes.  If you plug it right back in, or hot-swap connectors, the error code will still be there, even though you just fixed the connection issue.  You need to give it time to discharge and reset, then it should be fine.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Also, try to avoid unplugging your lead from the headset. They can be tricky on the connection so i make sure i just leave it plugged in to minimise any potential wear and tear at that junction from plugging in/unplugging. Not had a problem myself, but good house-keeping.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

I really appreciate the help and even though I was able to get DCS to start in VR, now there's no mouse cursor in DCS 

I did have WMR for SteamVR installed but getting this to run is a joke. 

The only thing I did different today was use a shortcut directly to DCS.exe and it comes up in VR.

Edited by Animal451

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD

On 6/20/2021 at 12:35 PM, Animal451 said:

I really appreciate the help and even though I was able to get DCS to start in VR, now there's no mouse cursor in DCS 

When that happens to me I find activating one of the G2 controllers frees up the mouse. No idea why. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.