Mirrors removal?

horus-DCS

Will we have mirror removal function someday? I mean like what we do for removing stick and seat.

I don’t realy turn on mirror because it kills my FPS anyway but still is almost useless for not having any angle adjustment gimmick. And if I turn it off, the mirror try to blind my eyes by reflecting the sunshine insanely.

For now it’s noting but a sight blocker. Please let us have removal option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

+1 - Great option in the Hip to entirely remove them.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/20/2021 at 7:21 AM, horus-DCS said:

Will we have mirror removal function someday? I mean like what we do for removing stick and seat.

I don’t realy turn on mirror because it kills my FPS anyway but still is almost useless for not having any angle adjustment gimmick. And if I turn it off, the mirror try to blind my eyes by reflecting the sunshine insanely.

For now it’s noting but a sight blocker. Please let us have removal option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I'm all for realism (so mirrors visible), but as current mirror image looks so ridiculously unrealistic, I agree with th OP.

It's better to have them removed entirely until we get proper mirror image

(I know, realistic mirrors will probably destroy performance, but currently they look "meh" at best)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 5:15 AM, monkie said:

+1 I would like seeing them removable along with the fans. 

+1 remove the mirrors and remove the fan as well

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I'd love to see them removable as well, and that's a general wish for obstructive things. As an unrelated side note, but presenting a similar issue, I've flown the MiG-15 through some Lebanese valleys a few weeks ago and couldn't see ship due to the lighting conditions already, but I wished I was at least able to see out of the cockpit just in front of me, without having that massive gunsight right there. Some planes like the L-39 allow for removing the sight, some allow for removing the guncam thing. These things should be generalized if it makes a massive difference.

As for the Mi-24 mirrors specifically, the minimalist thing to do would be having the mirrors tilted so they'd obstruct the view the least as seen from the default viewport when they're switched off. Some mirrors in other planes are tilted away already in DCS, so this should be the easiest way to make people happy here.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

+1

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

• 2 weeks later...

This whole mirrors on/off thing just seems odd to me.

A mirror is a piece of silvered glass. How do you turn it on/off with a switch?

Are they somehow an electrical device in the Hind?

Just folding them out of the way makes more sense.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU