Increase Deadzone to the stick when AP is engage?

ustio

Hello. Currently my joystick is quite loose in the middle. If I add more deadzone it would messed up my precise flying. I'm currently have my deadzone low but this will disengage the AP if I let go of the stick.

so is it possible maybe the increase the Deadzone once you turn on the AP?

Cheers 

4 hours ago, ustio said:

Hello. Currently my joystick is quite loose in the middle. If I add more deadzone it would messed up my precise flying. I'm currently have my deadzone low but this will disengage the AP if I let go of the stick.

so is it possible maybe the increase the Deadzone once you turn on the AP?

Cheers 

That’s a personal issue that doesn’t affect the vast majority of users. Very unlikely to happen. New joystick I’m afraid is the answer 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO it should be a Special options feature on ALL modules, not all joysticks are treated equally and they wear over time. I know this can be done, seen some neat special options from the community. Someone with a bigger brain could probably hack up something in the mean time.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 10:57 PM, Florence201 said:

That’s a personal issue that doesn’t affect the vast majority of users. Very unlikely to happen. New joystick I’m afraid is the answer 

Most people would be going through joysticks every year or two if that were the case.

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

Most people would be going through joysticks every year or two if that were the case.

Nah, my T16000m lasted for 3 years with heavy use and it is still fine (less than 5 deadzone needed for DCS). Now the Warthog stick I use lasts basically forever. 

Buying the right product is the solution imo. Thrustmaster is awesome, but I have also heard good things about Winwing and VKB etc. 

I heard Logitech makes bad products and they wear out fast (never used them because of bad reviews, but that's what I heard).

Edited by SCPanda

19 hours ago, Nealius said:

I put my Warthog on a 20cm extension and the center is loose enough to need a ~2 deadzone just to get AP to engage after barely over a year of use. 

In Target software, enable "hardware deadzone," then you won't be needing any in-game deadzone. 

Also, calibrate your stick using thrustmaster calibration tool, do not use windows game controller calibration tool. 

20 hours ago, Nealius said:

Isn't Target known to cause conflicts with DCS? I've always avoided it after hearing reports of issues with it.

It isn't so much DCS, but how Windows handled the combined devices. It would combined them, but also leave individual controllers as well. So DCS would see the device twice, and create duplicate commands, etc.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP