TGP FLIR broken

dporter22

On 7/29/2021 at 6:41 AM, Caldera said:

Dporter,

Not useless, both mostly work.  You just have to fly with no clouds.  Which is just a bit underwhelming considering how beautiful the clouds really are. 

I have shown in some pictures that even with Light Clouds the textures are off.  So it seems like a base game graphic issue to me.  I am sure that ED is working on it, but probably it is much more complicated than just changing a few lines of code.

How are the mirrors working with the clouds?  I always have mine off.

Caldera

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  In my opinion, when you can't reliably use the primary targeting systems to identify objects it makes them mostly useless.  There are several examples in this thread of targets being nearly invisible under various conditions.  This is not how it's supposed to work, it's not how it previously worked, and it's certainly not even close to how it works IRL.  

Edited by dporter22
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 4:04 AM, The RDN said:

Hi,

I also confirm, and not only on the A10, on the hornet and the viper too. On the viper it's particularly obvious, there are times when the flir and the IR mavericks are totally unusable. As soon as I have time I will make a track for the viper. 
A comment from ED would be welcome to know if this problem is taken seriously and put in high priority (it affects an important function of several modules), or will we have to wait almost 2 years like the last flir bug for this to be fixed?

Thanks and have a nice day...

Can confirm the Viper, any shadowy cloud layer and the ground targets disapear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

As mentioned in the beginning of the year 

FLIR

New and Improved Forward Looking Infrared

In the modern battlefield, a realistic rendering of FLIR sensors is mandatory, not just for aircraft but also for ground units, unmanned systems, and weapon sensor video. Given the need to create the underlying technology and then create thermal maps for all the world objects, terrain surfaces, and units, this has been quite a large task. We will continue to develop this well into 2021 

Please understand this is a huge task and will take time. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Exactly. We are aware that a new and improved FLIR is a huge task, but please give us a temporary workaround in order to have the FLIR work again, as before the new clouds. Or state clearly that the only workaround possible for now is to disable clouds. That would mean no clouds in any modern A-G mission, a very disappointing issue but if this is the only solution possible, please let us know.

• Like 1

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Foka said:

@BIGNEWY but we are not asking for new FLIR system, just to unf... fix present one.

It is reported already, I have no news to share currently, when it is addressed / fixed either by the new FLIR or a fix it will be in the change log. 

thanks

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2