Tail wheel stuck

Akalide
Go to solution Solved by Ala13_ManOWar,

Hi,

Stating cold and dark in the Jagdflieger campaign (4th or 5th mission, a bombing mission on britain), taxiing is impossible as the tailwheel remains stuck in rightmost position (I mean facing right). By applying power the plane can spin to  the left but no way to get out of this situation. The tailwheel lock lever has no effect, and neither does differential braking. Is this a bug? It never happened before I update to DCS 2.7. Or am I doing something wrong...

Thank you guys for your help!

AK

• Solution

Tailwheel lock isn't working until it gets locked, and that's not when you pull the lever, but when the wheel faces the right position, so you have to keep braking/using pedals until it gets locked (wheel facing backwards, aligned with fuselage). You are just taxiing like you have a free castering wheel in a high power tail dragger, that's a bit tricky the firsts times (and always, indeed). If you just bought (or reinstall or whatever) and set the controls in this module, make sure brakes are in the right direction since they are usually reversed by default.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice