Atflir

IkarusC42B Pilot

• 1 month later...

Yeah, presumably what's used in this video.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

DCS doesn't actually simulate tracking i don't think so this'd be a fake thing. But I wouldn't oppose it still. It's possible I assume since they do change the tracking bars based on the size of the object.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Or any other method of auto track target acquisition that might be helpful by defining the search area size. Is it planned?  

There's a thread in the Wish List forum referring to this feature: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/274940-atflir/

It would probably be useful in the situation I recorded. I was trying to acquire an 'on-road' mover in the PG map. The problem was, just about every road is lined up with power lines and the poles are interfering with autotrack until 6, 7nm out. (well, I was at around 30k feet...)   No such issues in the Syrian theater. 

Edited by Gripes323

• 5 months later...

The lack of 'expanding box' is still a big problem but... the heat imaging in the latest OB is a big step forward. There might be some issues with textures on some vehicles (according to bug reports)... just look at the difference on A/A objects: