TGP Tracking Issues

Mirage2425

Has anyone experienced issues with the TGP in area track not in point track.  If I fly straight and level perpendicular to the target with the target to my right I end up having the crosshairs drift quite a bit to the left.  The pod is never obscured, even though it shouldn't matter in area track..  Even a steerpoint does, entered manually.  I don't think the steerpoint or TGP track is accurate from the beginning even though the crosshairs are directly on the target.  As a result, I miss or have a near miss when I approach the target at low altitude and loft the JDAM.  This behavior shouldn't be happening.  Am I doing something wrong or is something wrong with the TGP?  Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Mirage2425 said:

Has anyone experienced issues with the TGP in area track not in point track.  If I fly straight and level perpendicular to the target with the target to my right I end up having the crosshairs drift quite a bit to the left.  The pod is never obscured, even though it shouldn't matter in area track..  Even a steerpoint does, entered manually.  I don't think the steerpoint or TGP track is accurate from the beginning even though the crosshairs are directly on the target.  As a result, I miss or have a near miss when I approach the target at low altitude and loft the JDAM.  This behavior shouldn't be happening.  Am I doing something wrong or is something wrong with the TGP?  Thanks!

Trk file?

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

4 hours ago, Florence201 said:

Put a dead zone into your tdc control. Had a friend experience something similar and a dead zone helped 

I fly with the TWCS throttle and it tends to drift, so putting in a dead zone is a must.  You can check this by looking at your regular radar and if the cursor tends to move, it's your throttle.

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

2 minutes ago, durka-durka said:

I fly with the TWCS throttle and it tends to drift, so putting in a dead zone is a must.  You can check this by looking at your regular radar and if the cursor tends to move, it's your throttle.

Except in my case the FCR (& 65s) cursor wasn't drifting. Only time a drift occurred was in when TGP went SOI. Took me several days of trying to solve it. Definitely didn't present itself as a cursor drift issue as only TGP drifted.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Check that your steerpoint altitude is correct. Otherwise your TGP will track a point in space (or under ground) while the ground apparently translates due to parallax. 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."