Problem using the mouse in VR

jfri

I have a HP Reverb G2 and one problem I frequently encounter in VR in DCS is this. When clicking some buttons in the cockpit nothing happens the cursor dis appear and a message saying Window out of focus is displayed. What can I do about this ?

I might mention that I have tried using the controllers and my experience is that does not work. I see the controller gloves but it seem very difficult to do something with them.

• Like 1

Try alt + Enter to go true full screen , see if that helps.

Also insure cursor confined to game window is selected in settings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You have the same issue I have had with the oculus quest 2. I found out that when the mouse curser is pushed and it is out of the dcs game window on your pc screen and on your desktop background or down on the tray tool on the bottom of the screen is when this happens. I have been making sure when I use the mouse in the cockpit that it is pretty much centered in my field of view. That has helped to keep the curser in the window. I am starting to look at how to deactivate the tray tool from opening up at the bottom. 

Curser confined to game window did not help me with this issue

I have cursor confined to window, and full screen, with my G2, and this just started happening to me since last patch.  I have never had the issue before this last week.  When it happens I can’t seem to do anything to fix it except restart the game.

I have noticed that it happens when my mouse opens up the bottom tray on my desktop and my curser can be seen in the tray tool. As soon as I click the mouse the windows out of focus comes up so I have at least pinpointed the problem for myself. I get the curser back in the window and click again and the message goes away.

25 minutes ago, A A ron said:

I have noticed that it happens when my mouse opens up the bottom tray on my desktop and my curser can be seen in the tray tool. As soon as I click the mouse the windows out of focus comes up so I have at least pinpointed the problem for myself. I get the curser back in the window and click again and the message goes away.

My issue is that it will go back into the window, but then is unmovable.  I have to restart the game to fix.  Maybe latest windows update?  Not sure, but it just started happening over the last week.  Never had the issue in years playing.

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Also insure cursor confined to game window is selected in settings.

It is selected! But that does not seem to prevent the cursor to go outside the game window since I am advised that the window is out of focus.

Jethro I think I found the answer. Move/drag the start bar vertical to the side of the monitor. This was a successful fix because the curser opens up the windows start bar on the bottom. When moved to the side it is far from the game window. 

Jethro I think I found the answer. Move/drag the start bar vertical to the side of the monitor. This was a successful fix because the curser opens up the windows start bar on the bottom. When moved to the side it is far from the game window. 

Also it seems like we should have the box checked for"confine curser to game window" as well as moving the task bar to the left or the right.

I need to check settings to see if anything has changed, but I am also suddenly having this issue again after being plagued by it when I first started using my G2, then sorting it. It’s now back, very annoying, impossible to fly properly when it happens .....

Something in updates has changed something for sure.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

18 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

I need to check settings to see if anything has changed, but I am also suddenly having this issue again after being plagued by it when I first started using my G2, then sorting it. It’s now back, very annoying, impossible to fly properly when it happens .....

Something in updates has changed something for sure.....

I started getting exactly the same issue following a 2.7 OB update, but changing input switching to manual has completely resolved it for me. I should have probably had it set to that in the first place.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Am 7.9.2022 um 13:13 schrieb Sierra777:

Hi folks… Sierra here. I have an HP VR that won’t track the mouse in the DCS hangar, I can’t get the game started. I’ve tried everything… any ideas?

Hi, Sierra! Did you fix the problem? I had this issue before but paused DCS for flying with MS2020. Now - returning to DCS I get this issue again. I know that I found a solution in the past but obviously didn't note the solution...

Do you have any hint how to solve this issue?

Kind regards

Robert