Can't fire ATGMs from front seat...

default762792

...actually, the only problem I've encountered so far with this module. So, I'm 7km or so out from some enemy armored vehicles at a sensible altitude and speed, rear cockpit is all set to missile, sight on, everything automatic and synced, safeties off, guidance and missile control box powered up, missile on a hot rail, green ready lights, guidance unit warmed up, etc. Petrovich is flying the Hind to the target, all parameters seem to be correct, centering the reticle on the enemy vehicle and ordering Petrovich to continue the attack run, but I'm not getting the launch tone anywhere from 5.5km to 1km. From the rear seat, Petrovich works great and will hit enemy vehicles all day long, and my hypothesis I'm doing something wrong.

I believe I have everything set up correctly, I think I've eliminated any control axis conflicts, and I'm just wondering what I haven't thought of or done yet...ordering "weapons free" from the rear cockpit"? Or maybe tweaking sight slew control sensitivity...does the reticle need to be right exactly on top of the target to get launch authorization? I'm able to command a launch in the tutorial, but not in-game. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Did you choose a missile slot from the missile selection/power box to the left of the scope? That's what I was forgetting.

Though, yes, normally the sight should be pointing right at aircraft boresight to get launch authority, Petrovich forward long while in CBTM mode orders Petrovich to alight the helicopter for launch on where your sight it pointed at.

However, with DIAFR. OPEN switch jojo linked above you can override and get authorization from any angle, which I find very helpful when using the missiles with Petrovich as pilot. Just know it'll end up with missile hitting the ground if you are very close to target or really low altitude when using the missiles with that switch up though.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Okay, thanks very much everyone. Missile selected wasn't the specific problem, although I've made that mistake many times, but I confused jojo's suggestion of "diafr. open" with the "sight doors open" switch, yet I managed to get tone and 2 (unsuccessful) shots off with the "diafr." closed, so I must have set up the attack run better. Then I figured out my error with "diafr. open", tried that, and actually got a kill on BTR-80. So everything is working as it should. Petrovich is a better missile operator than pilot, although that he works as well as he does a week into early access is a promising sign. Thanks again!

Edited by default762792
  • Like 1